Goa Band Members Arrested for Hurting Religious Sentiments, Chanting 'Om' with Abusive Language
Sumant Balakrishnan, Anirban Ghosh, Shiva Pathak and Nirmala Ravindera, members of the band `Dastaan', were arrested under section 295-A of the Indian Penal Code.
Image for representation.
Panaji: Four members of a popular music band were arrested by Goa Police on Wednesday for allegedly hurting religious sentiments during a performance at the ongoing Serendipity Arts Festival here.
Sumant Balakrishnan, Anirban Ghosh, Shiva Pathak and Nirmala Ravindera, members of the band 'Dastaan', were arrested under section 295-A of the Indian Penal Code (hurting religious feelings).
Venkat Krishna Kunduru, a lawyer, had filed a complaint against them, said a senior police official.
The band insulted the Hindu religion by mixing chanting of `Om' and abusive language, the complainant alleged. All four were released on bail bonds of Rs 20,000 each, the police officer added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Cardi B Looks Like Nemesis Nicki Minaj After Surgery, Feel Trolls
- Christian Eriksen Seals Transfer to Inter Milan as Tottenham Hotspur Sign Giovani Lo Celso on Permanent Deal
- Shaheer Sheikh Throws Fun Gala for Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Cast
- PUBG Mobile: Best Weapons to Choose and Full List of Weapon Stats
- Australian Open: Federer Gets Warned for Obscene Language During Quarter-final vs Sandgren