Goa School Textbooks Carry Incomplete National Anthem, Alleges Congress
Congress Party on Thursday alleged that the Marathi Class II textbooks published by Goa's Education Department carry incomplete national anthem.
Panaji: Congress Party on Thursday alleged that the Marathi Class II textbooks published by Goa's Education Department carry incomplete national anthem.
According to the opposition party, the Class II Marathi books titled 'Gomant Bharati' carry incomplete national anthem.
However, the education department authorities denied knowledge about the alleged printing error, reports PTI.
"The Class II Marathi books, published by the state education department, carry incomplete national anthem. The state government should fix the responsibility for the error," Goa Congress spokesman Sunil Kawathankar told PTI.
"The ruling BJP, which calls itself a patriotic party stands exposed. They have ignored such a grave error in the textbooks," he said.
He demanded that the state government should initiate an inquiry to find out who was responsible for it.
"Such an error is an insult to the country. We condemn such lethargic attitude," Kawthankar said.
He demanded that these books should be immediately withdrawn and replaced with the ones that carry the complete version of the national anthem.
When contacted, state Education Director Gajanan Bhat said that the department had no knowledge of the alleged printing error. He, however, said that they would inquire into it.
With PTI inputs
Recommended For You
- Two-Wheeler Industry Needs More Time to Stabilise After BS-VI Before Moving to Electric: Honda
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 4: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani Starrer Earns Rs 88 Crore
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s