Goa School Textbooks Carry Incomplete National Anthem, Alleges Congress
Congress Party on Thursday alleged that the Marathi Class II textbooks published by Goa's Education Department carry incomplete national anthem.
Panaji: Congress Party on Thursday alleged that the Marathi Class II textbooks published by Goa's Education Department carry incomplete national anthem.
According to the opposition party, the Class II Marathi books titled 'Gomant Bharati' carry incomplete national anthem.
However, the education department authorities denied knowledge about the alleged printing error, reports PTI.
"The Class II Marathi books, published by the state education department, carry incomplete national anthem. The state government should fix the responsibility for the error," Goa Congress spokesman Sunil Kawathankar told PTI.
"The ruling BJP, which calls itself a patriotic party stands exposed. They have ignored such a grave error in the textbooks," he said.
He demanded that the state government should initiate an inquiry to find out who was responsible for it.
"Such an error is an insult to the country. We condemn such lethargic attitude," Kawthankar said.
He demanded that these books should be immediately withdrawn and replaced with the ones that carry the complete version of the national anthem.
When contacted, state Education Director Gajanan Bhat said that the department had no knowledge of the alleged printing error. He, however, said that they would inquire into it.
With PTI inputs
Recommended For You
- We Produced More Pace – Whatmore Basks in Historic Kerala Win
- Propaganda with Films will not Affect the Outcome of Elections: Prakash Jha on Uri, Accidental PM
- Here's What Happens When You Try To Download 'Uri: The Surgical Strike' Illegally Off The Internet
- 'Nobody Has All of These': This Trending Post is the Internet's Diss List
- Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4X Pro 55 Review: You Won’t Find a Better 55-inch TV at This Price
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s