Godman Chandraswami, ‘Guru’ of PV Narsimha Rao, is Dead
Spiritual leader Chandraswami passed away here on Tuesday. He was 66.
File photo of Chandraswami.
New Delhi: Spiritual leader Chandraswami passed away here on Tuesday. He was 66.
According to reports, Chandraswami was on dialysis and died of renal failure.
Chandraswami was born as Nemi Chand in 1948 to a money lender from Behror in Rajasthan.
The self-styled godman and tantrik was known for controversies. In October 2014, police registered a case of cheating and criminal breach of conduct on the complaint of Sanjay Kumar Aggarwal, a Vishakhapatnam-based businessman, who claimed that the Chandraswami’s aides defrauded him and disappeared with gemstones.
He was also known for his proximity with former prime minister PV Narsimha Rao. Sources say he advised Rao on all matters, from spiritual to political.
Chandraswami allegedly held a yagna on the behest of Rao in Ayodhya in 1993 following the demolition of the Babri Masjid in an attempt to counter the growing surge of saffron nationalism, only to cancel it midway.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Look Happy and Radiant in These Wedding Pictures: See Here
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ Sangeet Details Revealed, Here’s Who’ll Choreograph the Ceremony
- WATCH | Sunil Chhetri Calls for Reworked Allocation of AFC Cup Slots
- AIFF Summons Gourav Mukhi for Hearing, Suspended Till Final Decision is Reached
- The Big Instagram Purge Begins Against Fake Engagement, But Will You be Impacted by The Changes?