Gold, Wealth of Kerala Temples Can Help Rebuild Flood-hit State, Suggests BJP MP Udit Raj
Over 400 people died in the deluge in Kerala last month and massive rebuilding efforts are underway at present.
BJP MP Udit Raj. (Twitter @Dr_Uditraj)
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Udit Raj has suggested that the “gold and wealth” of three prominent temples in Kerala could be used for helping the people of the state, which was devastated by floods last month.
“The Gold & Wealth of Padmanabha, Sabarimala, Guruvayur is more than 1 lakh crores & to compensate the losses of 21 thousand Crores is for less than temples wealth. What is use of such and wealth. When people are dying and crying (sic),” the Dalit leader said in a tweet.
The North West Delhi MP has urged the public to make this demand. Over 400 people died in the deluge in Kerala last month and massive rebuilding efforts are underway at present. The Centre has released Rs 600 crore to the flood-hit state. Various state governments have donated to help Kerala.
Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan earlier demanded Rs 2,000 crore on an immediate-basis from the Centre, while pegging losses at around Rs 20,000 crore.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Samsung Diwali Sale: Offers on Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy M10s and More
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones