Gopal Baglay Appointed Joint Secretary in PMO
Gopal Baglay was appointed in place of Vinay Mohan Kwatra, who has been already named as India's Ambassador to France.
File photo of Gopal Baglay.
New Delhi: Senior diplomat and external affairs ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay was on Friday appointed as joint secretary in the Prime Minister's Office.
He was appointed in place of Vinay Mohan Kwatra, who has been already named as India's Ambassador to France.
Raveesh Kumar, a 1995-batch IFS officer, currently posted in Frankfurt as Consul General of India, is understood to be replacing Baglay in the external affairs ministry.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Baglay's name for the post for three years, an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said.
Baglay is a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer. The ACC has also approved that Kwatra and Baglay would
work together in the PMO for an overlapping period of two weeks to facilitate smooth transition of work, the order said.
Kumar started his career at the Indian Mission in Jakarta. It was followed by a stint in Thimphu and London. During his previous tenure in Delhi, he looked after the East Asia desk.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Meets Pilot Who Built a 6-Seater Aircraft on His Terrace
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000