Govt Issues Advisory to Indian Nationals Visiting Rio de Janerio
India on Monday advised its nationals visiting Rio de Janerio in Brazil to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities.
File photo of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. (PTI)
New Delhi: India on Monday advised its nationals visiting Rio de Janerio in Brazil to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities.
The travel advisory by the External Affairs Ministry comes in the backdrop of police strike in some Brazilian states and the consequent law-and-order situation.
According to some media reports, more than 100 people have been killed during the strike.
As a matter of abundant precaution, it is an advice to Indian citizens travelling to Rio de Janerio to be alert, a ministry source said, adding the ministry will monitor the situation and advise further as required.
"Indian citizens visiting Rio de Janerio, Brazil are requested to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities. In case they need consular assistance, they are requested to contact the Embassy of India in Brasilia at +55-61-32484006," the MEA travel advisory said.
The ministry also gave email addresses in its advisory.
Recommended For You
- After Padmaavat, Is Deepika Playing India's 1st Female Superhero Inspired by Wonder Woman?
- Shah Rukh and Gauri Khan's Special Birthday Posts for AbRam Will Melt Your Heart!
- Pakistan Thrash England by Nine Wickets in Lord's Test
- 5 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S9 Beats OnePlus 6 to The Best Android Smartphone Spot
- Ford EcoSport S First Drive Review: The EcoBoost is Back in Black