Govt Issues Advisory to Indian Nationals Visiting Rio de Janerio
India on Monday advised its nationals visiting Rio de Janerio in Brazil to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities.
File photo of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. (PTI)
New Delhi: India on Monday advised its nationals visiting Rio de Janerio in Brazil to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities.
The travel advisory by the External Affairs Ministry comes in the backdrop of police strike in some Brazilian states and the consequent law-and-order situation.
According to some media reports, more than 100 people have been killed during the strike.
As a matter of abundant precaution, it is an advice to Indian citizens travelling to Rio de Janerio to be alert, a ministry source said, adding the ministry will monitor the situation and advise further as required.
"Indian citizens visiting Rio de Janerio, Brazil are requested to monitor local media and follow the guidance of local authorities. In case they need consular assistance, they are requested to contact the Embassy of India in Brasilia at +55-61-32484006," the MEA travel advisory said.
The ministry also gave email addresses in its advisory.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected