Govt Should Clear Shaheen Bagh, Says BJP MP; Cites Noida-Delhi Traffic, Ambulance Delay
BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri's statement on creating public disturbances came a day after authorities urged anti-CAA protestors to vacate the area amid the coronavirus outbreak.
File photo of protest at Shaheen Bagh.
New Delhi: BJP MP Ramesh Bidhuri on Wednesday said the government should clear the Shaheen Bagh area of protesters as it is creating trouble for the general public.
Speaking during the Zero Hour, Bidhuri said more than five lakh people coming from Noida to Delhi are facing trouble due to protesters in Shaheen Bagh. He claimed that even ambulances are also not allowed to pass through.
The protest against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act in Shaheen Bagh started on December 15 last year.
Officials from police and Southeast district administration visited Shaheen Bagh on Tuesday to urge anti-CAA protestors to vacate the area in the wake of coronavirus outbreak.
It came a day after the Delhi government announced that any gathering — religious, family, social, political or cultural — of over 50 people will not be allowed in the national capital till March 31 in view of the coronavirus scare.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Questions, Answers and Applause: Paris Neighbours Ease Lockdown Blues with Quiz from Balconies
- Rashami Desai Talks About Her Equation with Sidharth Shukla, Arhaan Khan After Bigg Boss 13
- Here's What KL Rahul Has to Say About Athiya Shetty's Latest Pics
- More Trouble For Earth: A Massive Hole Has Opened up in The Ozone Layer Above The Arctic
- Zoom Alternatives: Best Video Calling Apps That Don't Sacrifice Your Data and Privacy