- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 115/120
- TRS 97
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Govt Should Impart Moral Education to Curb Rape, Says UP Dy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya
On the statement of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi that democracy and the Constitution are in danger in the country, Maurya said, 'It is not democracy and Constitution, but the existence of the Congress which is in danger.'
File photo of UP Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya.
Ballia: Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya has said lack of good values is the reason for rising incidents of rape in the country and the government should impart moral education to curb such crimes.
"Such incidents taking place in the country are extremely unfortunate. Among other reasons, the lack of good values is a major reason for this," Maurya said while referring to the Unnao rape case.
"The lack of good values in society can be addressed through moral education, among other mediums," he told reporters on the sidelines of a programme of the BJP's student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) here.
On the statement of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi that democracy and the Constitution are in danger in the country, Maurya said, "It is not democracy and Constitution, but the existence of the Congress which is in danger."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online
- Panga Gets Sandwiched Between Street Dancer 3D and Tanhaji at the Box Office
- WhatsApp Beta New Update Tests Animated Stickers, Self Destructing Messages
- Parineeti Chopra Relaxes on Her Maldives Holiday, See Pics
- Over 24,000 Undelivered Letters Found Stashed at Former Postman's House in Japan