Group of 25 Separatists Airlifted from Srinagar to Agra
The group consists mainly of 'potential stone pelters', have a history of trouble-making. They are alleged to be active members of separatist groups in Kashmir Valley.
(Picture for representation)
Srinagar: A group of about 25 separatists were airlifted to Agra from Srinagar on Thursday, officials said.
The group consists of mainly "potential stone pelters" have a history of trouble-making.
They are alleged to be active members of separatist groups in Kashmir Valley.
They were taken in a special IAF plane to Uttar Pradesh and lodged in Agra Central Jail.
The government has imposed strict restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir after the constitutional provisions that accorded the state special status were abrogated and it was divided into two union territories.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat