Group of 25 Separatists Airlifted from Srinagar to Agra
The group consists mainly of 'potential stone pelters', have a history of trouble-making. They are alleged to be active members of separatist groups in Kashmir Valley.
(Picture for representation)
Srinagar: A group of about 25 separatists were airlifted to Agra from Srinagar on Thursday, officials said.
The group consists of mainly "potential stone pelters" have a history of trouble-making.
They are alleged to be active members of separatist groups in Kashmir Valley.
They were taken in a special IAF plane to Uttar Pradesh and lodged in Agra Central Jail.
The government has imposed strict restrictions in Jammu and Kashmir after the constitutional provisions that accorded the state special status were abrogated and it was divided into two union territories.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- People are Copy-Pasting Nick Jonas' Karwa Chauth Tweet but With a Hilarious Twist
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami