GST Officer Jumps to Death from 30th Floor of World Trade Centre Building in Mumbai
Initial police probe suggest that the deceased was unwell and on medication for nearly 10 months when he had suffered a severe stroke.
Mumbai: An officer of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) department jumped to his death from the 30th floor of the World Trade Centre in the Cuffe Parade area of south Mumbai, police said on Tuesday.
He was identified as Harendra Kapadia (51), a Superintendent with the GST Department in Mumbai.
The incident was reported on Monday evening. The motive behind the suicide remains unknown.
Initial police probe suggest that Kapadia was unwell and on medication for nearly 10 months when he had suffered a severe stroke. He had stopped attending office after that.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Says 'Overworked And Underpaid' Describe Her Best
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria
- Mom and Dad, Sorry for All Those Times I Was a Prick: Shahid Kapoor
- A 'Seven-Headed' Snake Skin Discovered Near Bengaluru Has Left Locals Curious