Gujarat High Court Gets 4 New Judges, Takes Total to 31
The high court has 27 judges, as against the sanctioned strength of 52. With the new appointments, the number of judges will go upto 31.
Image for representation.
Ahmedabad: The Union Law Ministry Tuesday appointed four new judges to the Gujarat High Court, taking the total number of judges to 31.
As per a notification issued by the ministry, Umesh Trivedi, Ajay Kumar Rao, Viresh Kumar Mayani and Ashutosh Thaker have been appointed as the judges, in the order of seniority.
While Trivedi is an advocate, the three others are judicial officers.
The high court has 27 judges, as against the sanctioned strength of 52. With the new appointments, the number of judges will go upto 31. Three judges are retiring in another three months.
The Supreme Court Collegium had in April recommended the names of five candidates for their elevation to high court judges, among them the name of judicial officer Vishnukumar Patel did not figure in the list.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes
- 'Superman': Tiger Shroff Deadlifts 200KG With an Ease, Impresses Ishaan Khatter and Fans
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it
- Airtel Forgot About The Home Bundle And Reliance Jio Fiber Has Stolen The March