1-MIN READ

Gujarat: Leopard electrocuted

Gujarat: Leopard electrocuted

According to the officer, this is the second such incident reported from this area in past ten days.

Share this:

Vadodara: A leopard died after suffering electric shock in Hadmatiya village in Gir-Somnath district, a forest official said on Saturday. "The big cat was found dead atop an electric transformer of the Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Ltd (PGVCL) in a farm," Deputy Conservator of Forest, K Ramesh said on Saturday.

He said that the feline might have jumped on the transformer to catch a prey, may be a peacock, and got electrocuted.

According to the officer, this is the second such incident reported from this area in past ten days. The leopard was cremated following a postmortem report which confirmed accident as the cause behind its death.


Share this:
  • Tags: gujaratleopard
  • First Published: September 13, 2014, 8:13 PM IST
Next Story
corona virus btn
corona virus btn
Loading