Gujarat Man Held for Abducting, Raping 8-year-old Girl in Rajkot
The victim was sleeping beside her mother, who works as a labourer, in a public garden when the accused kidnapped her and raped her near a bridge.
Rajkot: A man was arrested on Sunday in Gujarat's Rajkot for allegedly raping an 8-year-old girl after abducting her, police said. Hardev Mashru had abducted the child on Friday night from the city's 80-feet ring road and raped her near Bharatnagar locality, said Rajkot Police Commissioner Manoj Agarwal.
"He was rounded up along with several others day before yesterday and was placed under arrest on Sunday. Bloodstains have been found on his shirt which will tested forensically. We will ensure he gets maximum punishment," he said.
The victim was sleeping beside her mother, who works as a labourer, in a public garden when Mashru kidnapped her and raped her near a bridge, an official said. Her mother had filed a case at Thorala police station under sections 363 (kidnapping), 376 (rape), 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC and provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- 'Rick-a-licious': Pringles Teams Up with Adult Swim to Launch 'Pickle Rick' flavour of Chips
- Airtel Users Can Make Voice Calls on Wi-Fi But You Need Airtel Xstream Broadband
- BWF World Tour Finals: PV Sindhu's Title Defence Ends After Loss to Chen Yu Fei
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles