Gujarat Migrant Exodus: CM Vijay Rupani, Alpesh Thakor Booked for Hate Attacks
Social activist Tamanna Hashmi filed the case at a Muzaffarpur district court. Naming Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani and Congress leader Alpesh Thakor as 'accused', the petitioner has claimed that the violence against people from Bihar has cause him 'hurt'.
File photo of Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
Muzaffarpur: A case was filed against Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Congress legislator Alpesh Thakor in a Bihar court Thursday in connection with hate attacks on north Indians, particularly from Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, in the western state.
Social activist Tamanna Hashmi filed the case at a Muzaffarpur district court.
The case was filed under IPC sections 153 (provocation with intent to cause riot), 295 (defiling a place of religious worship) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace).
Naming Rupani and Thakor as "accused", the petitioner has claimed that the violence against people from Bihar has cause him "hurt".
Judge Gaurav Kamal fixed November 2 as the date of hearing the petition.
The alleged rape of a 14-month-old girl in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat by a resident of Bihar on September 30 had triggered attacks by locals on migrants from the two northern states, forcing many of them to return home.
Thakor had publicly blamed a "non-Gujarati" for the crime.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- On Aarav's Birthday, Akshay Kumar Says He is Glad to Be on His Son's Speed Dial
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- Newton Trends on Twitter After Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 'Einstein Discovered Gravity'
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser