Gunmen Kill J&K Special Police Officer Khushboo Jan in Shopian, Fourth Attack in Three Days
The unidentified gunmen fired at the woman special police officer at her home in Shopian district's. She was declared dead when taken to hospital.
Srinagar: Suspected militants shot dead a woman special police officer (SPO) of Jammu and Kashmir Police at Vehil village in south Kashmir’s Shopian district on Saturday afternoon.
Police sources told News18 unidentified gunmen fired at SPO Khushboo Jan around 2:40pm at her home in Vehil.
She was referred to a nearby hospital in critical condition, but doctors declared her dead on arrival, a local said.
The Army, Special Operation Group of Police and CRPF cordoned off the area and launched a hunt to nab the assailants.
This is the fourth such attack in the past three days in south Kashmir.
Earlier on Thursday, gunmen fired at a National Conference worker in south Kashmir’s Anantnag and injured him badly.
Later, another civilian was killed in the Tral area the same day.
On Wednesday, gunmen had barged into the residence of another civilian in the Dogripora area of Pulwama. Manzoor Ahmad Khan was kidnapped and later his body was found in a nearby village.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- A Pakistani Pop-Singer is Facing Legal Action for Threatening PM Modi with Snakes
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- UK Clothing Brand Trolled for Trying to Sell Indian-Style Kurta as 'Vintage Boho Dress'
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range