Sacked for Threatening Journalist, Uttarakhand MLA Brandishes Guns, Moves to Bollywood Beats in Video
The controversial Haridwar MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion can be seen cursing the Uttarakhand state in the video.
A video grab shows Champion drinking and dancing with guns in hand.
Dehradun: A video showing sacked Uttarakhand BJP MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion dancing to a Bollywood number with guns and a drink in hand has gone viral.
The undated almost 2 minute-long video comes after the controversial MLA from Haridwar was suspended by the BJP for three months over threatening a News18 reporter for airing a story about a private vehicle which he was allegedly being used as a pilot police car.
The video shows Champion dancing with more than two pistols and an automatic rifle, while cursing the state of Uttarakhand and hurling abuses.
The BJP MLA from Haridwar district is also involved in a legal war with another party MLA.
Meanwhile, the BJP said it has taken notice of the video. Uttarakhand Rajya Sabha MP Anil Baluni told News18, “The video is horrible. Uttarakhand party unit has already sacked him, the state party will take call on further action against (Champion)”
Reacting to the video, Champion termed it as a conspiracy and said the weapons were licensed and not loaded. "I'm not pointing towards anyone or threatening anyone.What's the crime? Is drinking alcohol and keeping licensed gun a crime?," he said.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: A 55-inch 4K TV From Samsung For Rs 59,999 is as Good a Deal as it Gets
- World Cup Final | Emotions Are Raw But We Signed Up for the Rules: Williamson
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England Are an Incredibly Diverse Team: Moeen Ali
- Hrithik Roshan Doesn't Want to Talk About Kangana Ranaut, Says It's to Avoid 'Social Exhibition'
- Taapsee Pannu Takes A Jibe at Kabir Singh Director Citing Murder Case of 19-year-old Model