Gurgaon Man Booked For Raping Live-in Partner's Foster Daughter
The minor girl who lost her parents back in Assam, was adopted by her neighbours who migrated to Gurgaon after staying in Nepal for a while.
News18 Creative by Mir Suhail.
Noida: Noida Police has booked a Gurgaon-based man for allegedly raping a 16-year-old foster daughter of his live-in partner, officials said Wednesday.
The minor girl, who hails from Assam, fled from Gurgaon last month and arrived in Noida, where she is currently lodged at a women's shelter home, they said.
According to police, the minor girl was adopted by her neighbours after the demise of her parents in Assam. The couple had first moved to Nepal and then to Gurgaon, where they eventually got separated.
The woman, along with the girl, then started staying with the accused, an official said.
"It was there that the girl was sexually assaulted multiple times by the man. Last month, she fled Gurgaon with the help of a man who brought her to the shelter home in Noida," the official said.
An FIR was registered at the Noida Sector 39 police station on Wednesday against the accused under IPC section 376 (rape) and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, he said, adding that an investigation was underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year