Gurugram Right-wing Hindu Outfit Shuts Over 250 Meat, Chicken Shops for Navratri
The chief of Gurgaon unit of the Hindu Sena said the members marched to different locations demanding closure of meat shops. He further said that the exercise has been taking place since 2014.
Gurugram: Members of a right-wing Hindu outfit on Saturday claimed to have shut over 250 meat shops and chicken outlets here on the first day of Navratri festival.
Ritu Raj, the chief of Gurugram unit of the Hindu Sena, said the members marched to different locations demanding the closure of meat shops.
He said they visited sectors 4,5,7,9, 10, 21, 22, Palam Vihar, Badshahpur, Om Vihar, Surat Nagar, Sadar Bazar, Anaj Mandi Dhanwapur, Dundahera, Molaheda, Sikandarpur and many other places.
He claimed that about half of the shops were already closed as the exercise has been taking place since 2014.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- Horrifying Video Shows Snake Latching onto Man's Head After He Taunts It
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year