Assam Teacher Suspended over FB Post Condemning Pulwama Attack But Questioning Army 'Atrocities'
Papri Banerjee, the teacher, said that she received threats and intimidation over the post from different users.
Representative photo (Image: Reuters)
Guwahati: A college teacher was suspended here for a Facebook post over the February 14 suicide attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama that claimed the lives of 49 CRPF troopers.
In her post on Thursday, Papri Banerjee, who works as an Assistant Professor of the English department at the city's Icon Academy Junior College, condemned the terrorist attack but also blamed the Indian Army for atrocities on civilians in Jammu and Kashmir.
"You are put under suspension with immediate effect until the matter is resolved by a competent authority," a letter issued by the college authorities said on Saturday.
Banerjee said that she received threats and intimidation over the post from different users.
"Continuous rape, lynch, and death threats in my inbox... Assam Police should go back to the names in my previous FIR if any harm were to come over me... They would be solely responsible," she said in another Facebook post on Saturday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Angry Customer Creates Hilarious 'Oyo Ruined My Anniversary' Website to Narrate Ordeal
- Watch: Adorable Video Shows Man Dancing with Stray Dog in the Middle of the Night
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work