Half Kg Human Hair and Empty Shampoo Packets Removed from Girl's Stomach in Tamil Nadu
The scan revealed a ball like object in the stomach and doctors decided to remove it by endoscopy.
Photo for representation.
Coimbatore: A city hospital has removed more than half kg of human hair besides plastic pieces like empty shampoo packets from a 13-year-old girl's stomach.
The girl, a 7th standard student, complained of frequent stomach ache for the last few months and the parents, took her to the private VGM Hospital here.
The scan revealed a ball like object in the stomach and doctors decided to remove it by endoscopy, hospital chairman VG Mohanprasad said.
As the attempt failed, it was decided to operate to remove the foreign particles, he said.
Accordingly, surgeon Gokul Kripashankar and team conducted the surgery and successfully removed the hair and the empty shampoo packets from her stomach, he said.
The girl was mentally upset due to the death of a close relative, which led to her consuming objects like the empty packets and hair, which accumulated, resulting in frequent pain, Gokul told reporters.
The girl has recovered fully and is normal, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sidharth Shukla 'Blessed' to Meet His Aged Fan
- Mehr is Helping Dad Angad Bedi Walk After Knee Surgery, See Adorable Video
- Watch: Elderly Pune Woman Stands on Pavement and Scolds Bikers Riding on the Footpath
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- MGM Hotels Sued Over Data Breach that Affected Millions of Celebs, CEOs