Happy to See Him, Tweets PM Modi After HD Deve Gowda Visits Statue Of Unity
When PM Modi was the Gujarat CM, he had announced that he would build the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who is credited with uniting all 562 princely states to build the Republic of India.
HD Deve Gowda at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said he was happy to see former PM HD Deve Gowda at the Statue of Unity in Gujarat, billed as the tallest in the world.
The 182-metre-tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel — built at a cost of Rs 2,989 crore — was inaugurated by PM Modi in October 2018.
When PM Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat, he had announced that he would build the statue of India's first Deputy Prime Minister who is credited with uniting all 562 princely states of the pre-independent country to build the Republic of India.
This year, PM Modi visited the Statue of Unity on his birthday on September 17.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Evicted from Salman Khan's Show, Calls His Journey Unpredictable
- Here's All About Indian Army Sourced Nissan Jonga SUV Bought by MS Dhoni
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy
- Ravi Shastri Sleeping During India-South Africa Match is the Internet's New Favourite Meme