Harassed by Husband and In-laws, Pregnant Woman Sets Self Ablaze in Telangana
The incident happened in Nizamabad on May 21 and the woman is currently undergoing treatment in a hospital.
Hyderabad: A 19-year old pregnant woman set herself afire unable to bear with the alleged harassment by her husband and parents-in-law for money, police said Friday.
The incident happened in Nizamabad on May 21. She is currently undergoing treatment in a hospital. She had left her husband as she could no longer bear with the torture and began living with her mother, the police said.
Under the circumstances, the husband came to her mother's place on April 21 and tried to force her to live with him, they said.
When she refused to go with him, Prashant threatened to end his life by setting himself ablaze with the petrol he had brought with him. An argument between the two ensued, they said.
Shortly after, she took the bottle of fuel, poured it on her person and set herself ablaze, they said. A case has been registered and investigation has begun, the police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV