'Harassed' by Married Man on the Way to School, Delhi Girl Commits Suicide
The accused allegedly threatened to beat the 15-year-old girl's younger brother if she did not go with him.
New Delhi: A 15-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself to a ceiling fan at her residence in outer Delhi's Sultanpuri area, with the police saying that she killed herself as she was being constantly "harassed" by a man on way to her school and tuition classes.
The girl died on September 19, they said, adding that a case was registered on Saturday on the basis of a complaint filed by her parents.
In his complaint, the girl's father has alleged that his daughter was being "mentally harassed" by a local man who was apparently married.
Her father has also alleged that the accused used to frequently "harass" her on way to school and tuition classes, police said.
The accused even threatened to beat the girl's younger brother if she did not go with him. Fed up with the constant harassment, she allegedly committed suicide, her father has alleged.
The girl was a class X student of a government school, the police said.
Police are also probing if the accused had proposed marriage to the girl. Further investigation is underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations