Hardik Patel Will Join Congress on March 12, to Contest from Gujarat's Jamnagar
Hardik Patel will join the party in the presence of Rahul Gandhi on March 12,
New Delhi: Patidar leader Hardik Patel is set to join the Congress on March 12 and will contest the Lok Sabha election from Jamnagar constituency in Gujarat.
"Patel, who led the agitation demanding reservation for the Patidar community, will join the Congress in the presence of party chief Rahul Gandhi," sources said.
The Jamnagar Lok Sabha seat is currently represented by Poonamben Maadam of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Patel's joining will coincide with the Congress Working Committee (CWC) meeting in Ahmedabad, following which top party leaders will address a public rally there.
The Congress is focusing on Gujarat, the home state of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, and had given a tough fight to the ruling BJP in the last assembly polls in the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- 'No Way Out': Elon Musk Thinks Earth Will Ultimately Perish When a Huge Asteroid Strikes Us
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Shahid Kapoor Posts Most Adorable Pic of His Son Zain And Netizens Call Him Actor's 'Xerox Copy'
- Facebook Clear History Tool Lets You Control Data Shared With Apps And Websites