Haryana Govt Orders Closure of Schools on Thursday in View of Severe Cold
In Haryana, day temperatures have been hovering between 11 and 15 degrees Celsius at most places, six to nine notches below the normal.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Chandigarh: Schools in Haryana will remain closed on Thursday in view of intense cold, according to an official statement. State Education Minister Kanwar Pal announced on Wednesday that December 26 will be a holiday in all government and private schools, it said.
He has directed authorities to ensure strict compliance of instructions, the statement said. In Haryana, day temperatures have been hovering between 11 and 15 degrees Celsius at most places, six to nine notches below the normal.
The minimum has been in the three degrees Celsius and seven degrees Celsius range, which is three to four notches below the normal. The meteorological department here has predicted that severe cold will continue over the next couple of days.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Fan Compares Selena Gomez to 'Jethalal' Dilip Joshi, Leaves Internet in Splits
- Test, ODI Squads for New Zealand Tour Only After Clarity on Hardik Pandya's Fitness
- This Instagrammer Is Photoshopping a Godzilla Into all Of His Travel Photos
- Scientists Are Trying to Find Survivors of Endangered Species in Australian Bushfires
- FASTags Have Actually Increased Waiting Times at Toll Plazas; Be Prepared For Delays