Haryana Govt Settles First Claim Under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
Mousami, a resident of Karnal's village Ghisarpuri, has become the first beneficiary under the public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat.
Image for representation only.
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Saturday settled the first claim of Rs 9,000 under the public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat for a baby girl born in a state-run hospital in Karnal district.
Mousami, a resident of Karnal's village Ghisarpuri, has become the first beneficiary under the scheme, an official spokesperson said.
She underwent caesarian section and delivered a healthy baby girl on August 17, he added.
Mousami gave birth at Karnal's Kalpana Chawala Government Medical College.
She is the first person to be treated under the Ayushman Bharat scheme in the state and the claim amount was paid to the treating hospital on August 31, the spokesperson said.
Dubbed Modicare, Ayushman Bharat is the world's largest government healthcare programme.
The state government launched the Ayushman Bharat-Haryana Health Protection Mission on August 15 to provide cashless and paperless healthcare facilities to beneficiaries at empanelled government hospitals.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Arjun Kapoor Trolls Alia Bhatt Over African Safari 'vlog'
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get