Haryana Roadways 2-Day Strike Likely to Hit Bus Service Today
The Haryana government had recently employed the services of 720 private buses which would operate on a kilometer basis within and from the state.
Haryana Bus. (Image: PTI)
Rohtak: The Haryana Roadways Workers Union has called for a two-day strike on October 16 and 17 to protest against the government’s decision to hire 720 private buses on a kilometer basis.
In a step taken towards privatization of the state’s transport system, the Haryana government had recently employed the services of 720 private buses which would operate on a kilometer basis within and from the state.
Speaking to ANI, Haryana Roadways Workers Union president, Virendra Singh Dhankhad, condemned the government’s decision and said that it went “against the interest of the employees as well as the public.”
Claiming that the decision would attract severe consequences for roadways employees, Virendra said that they would not let the government implement the decision.
He further appealed to Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to hold negotiations with the union.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Reebok CrossFit Nano 9.0 Review: Slickest Evolution of Versatile Fitness Shoes