Haryana Teachers Skip Priest Training Lessons, Manohar Lal Khattar Govt Seeks Explanation
The SDO has asked for departmental disciplinary action against the teachers who chose to skip the priest training programme in Haryana.
Chandigarh: In its latest diktat, the BJP government in Haryana has asked teachers in the state to enroll for a priest training programme, so that they can perform in poojas.
While several teachers failed to turn up for the training programme at 1pm at Kapalmochan office on October 29, the Manohar Lal Khattar government has now sought an explanation from them as to why did they fail to participate in the event.
The SDO has asked for departmental disciplinary action against the teachers who chose to skip the priest training programme.
The Haryana government wanted the teachers to perform ‘poojas’ and other rituals at an upcoming village fair.
In another such controversial diktat, the Haryana government had banned the sale of meat for nine days on the occasion of Jain festival of Paryushan. The sale of meat was banned from September 11 to 19.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Akshay Kumar and Housefull 4 Team Go for Early Morning Shooting on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India