Hauz Khas Rape Case: Delhi Police Arrest One Person
The incident happened on the night of February 18 when the woman was returning from a party in Hauz Khas village along with her friends and cousins.
New Delhi: Delhi Police has arrested one person in connection with the alleged rape of a 24-year-old northeast woman in Hauz Khas Village.
The accused, a resident of Chandra Vihar, was identified last night, police said on Tuesday.
Police teams had been working on different leads based on CCTV footage and local intelligence and by questioning parking attendants, private security guards of the Deer Park and other shopkeepers in the locality.
The woman told police that around 11.30 PM she was offered a drop home by an unknown person.
He apparently told her that his vehicle was parked at some distance near the park. The accused, thereafter, on the pretext of guiding the woman, led her to an isolated stretch in the adjoining park area and allegedly raped her.
Recommended For You
- PM Narendra Modi Trailer: Vivek Oberoi Warns Pakistan of Dire Consequences
- Manmarziyaan was A Good Crossover Even for Anurag Kashyap, Says Taapsee Pannu
- Holi: Wholly Made Up in Bollywood, the Real Festival Can Get a Lot Dirtier
- Vivo X27 Pro With 48-Megapixel Camera, Snapdragon 710 SoC Announced
- K-pop Star Jung Joon-young Arrested for Secret Sex Videos Scandal
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s