Have Asked Pakistan Army to Effectively Deal with 'Any Misadventure' by India: Imran Khan
Pakistan PM Imran Khan said he has asked Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa to keep his troops fully prepared for a befitting response to any misadventure along LoC.
File photo of Pakistan PM Imran Khan. (Image : AP)
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday said he has asked Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa to effectively deal with 'any misadventure' by India.
During an interaction with journalists in Islamabad, Khan said, "I have asked Army Chief General Bajwa to keep his troops fully prepared for a befitting response to any such misadventure (along the LoC)." Khan said his government has a trusting relationship with the military.
Later, Khan elaborated on his peacemaking efforts between Iran and Saudi Arabia. He said Pakistan was trying to arrange a meeting of the foreign ministers of the two countries to further defuse tensions.
He also said the government took several steps due to which the economy had stabilised. When asked about incarcerated former premier Nawaz Sharif, Khan said Sharif was being looked after properly in a hospital in Lahore.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round
- Jasmin Bhasin to Co-star with Nia Sharma in Ekta Kapoor's Naagin 4, Here's Her First Look
- Shashi Tharoor Made Indians Google ‘Recalcitrance’ After His First-ever Stand up Act
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- IQAir Health Pro 250 Review: Can You Really Put a Price on Clean Air at Home?