HC Suspends 2 Revenue Officials in Telangana for Dereliction of Duty Towards Dam-displaced Villagers
A revenue divisional officer and mandal revenue officer of Sidhipet district were also slapped with two months of imprisonment and a fine of Rs 2,000 each.
Hyderabad: The high court on Tuesday ordered suspension of two revenue department officials for alleged dereliction of duty and negligence on implementing its previous order to provide compensation to displaced people of Mallanna Sagar project in Telangana's Sidhipet district. The reservoir was built as part of the Kaleswaram lift irrigation scheme, a dream project of Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao.
A revenue divisional officer, Vijayender Reddy, and mandal revenue officer, Rrabhu, of Sidhipet district were also slapped with two months of imprisonment and a fine of Rs 2,000 each. As victims moved the court seeking justice for a second time, the judges expressed their ire at the defence lawyers.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Watch: Zoo Shares First Glimpse of Kiki, a Baby Red Panda
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update