PMC Bank Scam: HDIL Chairman Rakesh Wadhawan & Son Sent to Police Custody till Oct 9, Homes Raided
Wadhawans were arrested by the special investigation team (SIT) of the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Mumbai Police on Thursday and produced before a local court on Friday.
Mumbai: HDIL chairman and managing director Rakesh Wadhawan and his son Sarang were on Friday sent to police custody till October 9 in the Punjab Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank scam, an official said.
They were arrested by the special investigation team (SIT) of the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Mumbai Police on Thursday and produced before a local court on Friday.
EOW had registered an FIR on Monday against senior officials of HDIL and the PMC Bank for allegedly causing losses to the tune of Rs 4,355.43 crore to the bank.
Property of Rs 3,500 crore belonging to the company was seized by the EOW during the investigation, he said.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has also initiated investigation by registering a case of money laundering, another official said.
ED officials raided six places in the city and suburbs and collected some important documents related to the case, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Want Netflix For Just Rs 5 For a Month? You May Get Lucky Ahead of Disney Plus Launch
- 'Is it a Karate Suit?' Melania's India Visit Outfit and Trump's Yellow Tie Grab Eyes on Twitter
- On Sridevi's 2nd Death Anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor Shares Throwback Pic with an Emotional Note
- Desi Cricket Fans Roast Team India With Brutal Memes After Crushing Defeat Against New Zealand
- How Far? Desis are Googling Distance from America to India Ahead of Donald Trump's Visit