The National Investigation Agency (NIA) interrogated terror suspect David Coleman Headley, currently in US custody, from June 3-9, 2010. The NIA team interrogated Headley for 34 hours in total. Below is a copy of the NIA report accessed exclusively by CNN-IBN:
Executive summary pertaining to the interrogation report of David Coleman Headley@Daood Gilani:
David Coleman Headley presently in the custody of the US authorities was given access to the NIA investigating team with effect from 3rd June, 2010 to 9th June,2010 in the presence of his counsels FBI prosecutors and FBI officials. The NIA team availed 34 hours (of time) to interrogate the subject. No audio and video recording was allowed.
02. At present David Coleman Headley has been put under the witness protection programme of the Fedaral Government and he is being treated as the star witness in the trial of Tahawwur Hussan Rana. Rana's trial is expected to start with effect from 01 November, 2010.
03. During the interrogation, Headley cooperated with the NIA team and answered all the questions put to him except questions pertaining to his immediate family members.
04. Headley during his interrogation unambiguously admitted his role as an LeT operative who was a part of the conspiracy to wage war against India.
05. During the interrogation he mentioned the roles of various LeT opertatives which inter alia include Hafiz Saeed the Ammeer of LeT(chief), Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi the chief military commander and various middle level commanders of LeT. (Sajid Majid, Muzzammil,Abdur Rehman @ Pasha, Abu Alqama, Abu Qahafa, Abu Anas, Abdul Aziz, Abu Hamza, Yaqub)
06. He ha clearly mentioned the role of ISI officials who have a profound influence and a great control over the top brass of the LeT. He further stated that he used to separately brief his ISI handler after each reconnaissance visit to Mumbai. He also carried out certain exclusive reconnaissance visit to Mumbai. He also carried out certain exclusive reconnaissance tasks for his ISI handlers.
07. According to Headley after the Mumbai attack he became closer to Illyas Kashmiri of 313 Brigade(Al Qaeda) and Abdur Rehman @ Pasha ( who got separated from the LeT set up).
08. Headley has also admitted that his reconnaissance videos on the five targets in Mumbai which were attacked on 26/11 were crucial for the success of LeT. He also stated that the reconnaissance videos in respect of other targets in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune,
Goa, and Pushkar will be certainly used by LeT or 313 Bridges to attack India and cause large scale damage.
09. Headley had specicifically stated more than once that his activities relating to task given to him by LeT were not known to any person in India nor had he exposed himself to such a situation for someone in India to suspect his designs.
10. He has given a clear picture of various training programmes of LeT, the trainers, the trainees which may be of use to our intelligence and security agencies.
11. He has given now formed a naval wing under Yaqoob which will be potentially used against India .
12. Headley has given some details about Pahsa's Karachi set up which is primarily meant to be used against India.
13. During the interrogation he identified the photographs of Sajid Majid, Abdur Rehman Hashim and Abu Alqama. He also identified the voices of Abu Alqama,Sajid Majid and Abu Qafaha controlling the Mumbai attackers from Karachi .
14. The additional facts which were not known to us so far and which came out from the interrogation are given below:
I. Every major action of LeT is done only after the approval of Hafiz Saeed. Headley maintains that Hafiz Saeed had full knowledge of Mumbai attacks and it was launched only after his approval. Headley believes that Hafiz Saeed never acknowledges it publicly, though he remains abreast with each and every stage of planning and execution .
During this meeting Hafiz Saeed also mentioned Bal Thackery and the alleged damage he (Thackery) had done to Muslim Ummah(nation) . Headley believed that this was an indication that LeT wanted to take some action on this front.
II. The 26/11 Mumbai attacks were possible only due to the complete support of ISI. According to Headley every big action of L-e-T is done in close coordination with ISI. According to Headley every big action of L-e-T is done in close coordination with ISI. The money which was used by Headley for his surveillance activities in Mumbai was provided by Major Iqbal of ISI . Headley believes that the money with which the first boat costing Rs. 25 lacks was purchased, was also provided by major ISI. This boat was destroyed as the first attempt to reach Mumbai in Sept 2008 failed. Headley thus believes that ISI was fully involved in 26/11. Moreover, Headley mentioned getting a boat loaded with weapons to India had to have been cleared by Pakistan government authorities . Sajid apprised Headley that this part had been taken care of.
III. According to the Headley, every important member of LeT is handed by one or more ISI officials. His ISI handlers were Major Iqbal and Major Sameer Ali . Abdur Rehman Hashim was handled by Col Shah,Similarly, he knows that one Brig. Riyaz based in Muzaffarabad,handles Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, the chief military commander of LeT.
After the Mumbai attack, Zaki was arrested and kept in Udial jail. The ISI DG, Sujja Pasha had claimed before Headley that he had met Zaki when the latter was in the jail.
IV. According to Headley, until his sixth visit, Hotel Taj was the only target for LeT. Sajid had told him on a number of occasions to complete the Taj Hotel reconnaissance. Sajid would also discuss the plan like attacking the Taj Hotel during the conference of software engineers by two /three attackers . They had plan to send the attackers through either Nepal or Bangladesh. After March 2008, the multiple attacks in Mumbai with multiple attackers and use of sea routes were discussed by the LeT.
V. During the examination of Headley, the culpability of some other LeT operatives for for furtherance of conspiracy to attack (including 26/11) India has surfaced . They are Adu Qahata, Abu Alqama, Muzzammil, Abu Anas and Abu Hamza. Further evidence needs to be collected on them .
VI. Headley could recognize voices of three people who were giving instructions to the attackers during Mumbai attackes. These were Sajid, Abu Alqama and Abu Aahafa. Headley could not recognize the fourth voice. Headley believes that the person giving instruction to the terrorists at Chabad House was Sajid Majeed. Sajid instructed the terrorists to kill everybody including women in the Chabad House . Abu Alqama was the person giving instructions to terrorists at Taj. Abu Qahata was also talking to the terrorists and it was he who was saying to the attackers that the entire Muslim Ummah (Muslim Nation) is looking upto them and they should not fail them. Sajid later told Headley that Abu Hamza was also present in the control room. Before the Mumbai attacks Sajid had shown the photos of the Mumbai attachers to Headley.
VII. After the attacks Sajid briefed Headley about the attacks and he (Sajid ) told Headley that two of the crew of 'Kuber' were killed by him (sajid). Headley believes that Sajid was speaking the truth as he never blows his trumpet unlike Muzzammil and Abu Hamza . Sajid, Qahata, Abu Hamza and one more person were on the other boat which escorted the main boat carrying the attackers. Abu Hamza was also involved in the planning and execution in the later stages as he is considered to be an 'India Expert'.
VIII. The Karachi setup is basically Abdurrehman's @ Pasha setup. Pasha has since long been associated with the operations in India .Headley believes that local Indian boys are involved in the Karachi setup. The aim of Karachi Setup is to launch operations into India by using militants of Indian origin. Pasha has been in the past also involved in some attacks in India. In July, 2006, when Headley was in USA he saw the news about Mumbai train attacks on TV. When he came back he asked Sajid and Pasha about the attacks and Pasha said that he knew who the boys were that they were local Indian boys. The Karachi setup of Pasha has the complete backing of the ISI. Col shah who was handler of Pasha was actively involved in Karachi setup.
X. Lashkar also has a Karachi setup . Though the entire setup was controlled by Sajid, it is looked aftrer by Abu Yaqoob at the operational level . The Karachi setup of LeT aims to launch boys from Maharashtra and Gujrat into India Using sea routes .As per Headley's assessment this is being done by using their fishermen network and their boats. Abu Yaqoob is the in charge of the Naval setup of Lashkar.
XI. Though Abdur Rehman is associated with Illyas Kashmiri but he continues to hold active interests in operations in India. For these Indian operations he is in contact with the ISI. Col Shah is his ISI handler . Headley believes that National Defence College and Raksha Bhawan are the probable targets of Pasha's setup. During his conversation with Pasha in April 2009, Headley Believes that the attack on NDC seemed imminent.
XII. Abdur Rehman is directly in touch with the top of brass of Al-Qaida including Illyas Kashimiri who is now number 3 in the Al- Qaida hierarchy in Pakistan. Abdur Rehman has met Osama a number of times. Pasha once told Headley that his set up has been given the name Jund-ul-fida(Army of fidayeens) by Osama Bin Laden himself.
XIII. David Coleman Headley @ Daood Gilani Ramained mostly in Lahore between 2002 and 2009 . His visits to the USA were Occasional . He has no passport issued from Pakistan. As Daood Gilani, he had traveled to several countries. They include UK, Germany, France, Maldives, Sri Lanka and so on.He had never visited India as Daood Gilani. At the time of his change of name from Daood Gilani to David Coleman Headley, he did not change his Social Security Number(SSN) in USA.
XIV. After the completion of his training in LeT, he was told to go to India and work for the LeT. During this period, apart from Mumbai, some other Indian cities were discussed as possible destinations for him to have settled down. These others were Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Gujarat and Hyderabad.
XV. Headley is aware that on and around April 2007, LeT's Sajid Majid and Muzzammil had paid Rs.8.5 lakh to one Niyamat Shah s/o Jeb Shah in Landikotal, Shermalkhel in the Khyber Agency in Pakistan to smuggle arms and explosives to India . Niyamat Shah belongs to the Shirwan tribe. Niyamat Shah is also involved in drug smuggling to India.
XVI. Abdur Rehman Maki, the maternal uncle's son of Hafiz Saeed is the foreign affairs in charge of LeT. Sajid Majid@Wasi had worked as his personal assistant before becoming the handler of Headley .Headley passports which include Qatar, UAE, Canada and India etc. One of the Younger brothers of Sajid Majid was reportedly in Chicago, USA before the year 2008.
XVII. From his first visit up to the seventh visit to India, Headley carried a camera which he had taken from his mother -in-law in Pakistan. He could not recollect the camera model and other particulars. During his visits to India in April and June 2008 Headley carried a Sony Ericson model of mobile/camera phone which was given to him by Major Iqbal and a GPS device given by Sajid Majid . He used the same mobile /camera phone for reconnaissance activities in the year 2009 during his visits to India and Denmark. This mobile phone with the sim card used by Headley in India(*******814) was seized from his possession by the FBI at the Chicago airport . He had returned the GPS device to Sajid Majid Majid in August 2008. Headley recollected that the GPS he Used was a product of Garmin Company.
XVIII. During his stay in Pakistan, Headley had used two mobile phones. He used to get all the calls from the LeT operatives on these two mobile phones. Headley understands that these telephones have been seized in Pakistan on the request of the USA authorities.
XIX. In 2006, Headley had received money from Dr. Rana while in India, from a bank located near the Trident Hotel, Mumbai. He does not recollect the name of the bank.
XX. Headley had explored the sea-route option during his visit to India in April 2008. Prior to this visit in March 2008, Headley had met a frogman in the LeT camp in Muzffarabad . The frogman was introduced to Headley as Abdur Rehaman. Headley believes that the frogman is from the Pakistan navy.
XXI. Apart from the places known to us, Headley had conducted detailed videography of some other places for future attacks . They include the residence of the vice President of India, India Gate, Paharaganj in Delhi and the CBI office and the EL AI office in Mumbai.
XXII. Headley identified some of the prominent locations on the Google earth map involving our case. They include the house of Hafiz Saeed, Abdur Rehman Hashim, his own house and a couple of LeT safe houses in Pakistan.
XXIII. Headley disclosed his personal knowledge of some of the prominent attacks in India by LeT. He stated that Haji Ashraf's nephew participated in the Akshardham Temple attack in 2002. One of the attackers whom Headley identified, had participated in the attack on the PM, Shri Manmohan Singh rally in Srinagar in 2004. this attacker was trained by Abur Rehman Hashim . He did not know the name but identified the nephew of Abu Qahafa as being among the ten attackers in the 26/11 terror strike. All these attackers were killed on the spot. Abu Hamza, who participated in the Bangalore attack in 2005, is in Sajid's group. Headley had seen him a number of times in Pakistan.
XXIV. Headley identified the Indian trained with him during 2003 in Pakistan as Azmal. Azmal, according to Headley, was arrested in India . He believes that Azmal is from Maharashtra.
XXV. Headley's examination led to the discovery of some more email-ids. They include the email-ids of Major Iqbal . Sajid Majid and Abdur Rehman Hashim among others.
Immediate action will be taken on the actionable points . The FBI will informally provide some documents which will be crucial for furthering the investigation.
Statement of accused David Coleman Headley @ Daood Gilani (presently in the custody of the US authorities) as recorded on 3rd,4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th of June, 2010 in connection with case No. 04/09-NIA/DLI at Chicago.
1. Personal details
1. Name (alias parentage): David Coleman Headley @ Daood Gilani
2. Date of birth: 30.06.1960
3. Place of birth: United States
4. Nationality: American, Pakistan origin
5. Outfit/ rank: Lashker-E- Toiba .
6. Father: Syed Saleem Gilani
7. Permanent address: 563, Rosalie Street Philadelphia, 19120 USA / 6, Canal Bank Road, Ferozpur Road, Lahore, Pakistan
8. Religion: Muslim
9.Descriptive roll: Pony hair, Tail well built with fair complexion
10. Places visited: India - Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Goa, Pushkar (Ajmer)
Pakistan - Karachi, Muzaffarabad, Lahore,
Dubai, Denmark, Germany, UK,Sweden.
11. Present occupation: Unemployed
12. Name in passport: David Coleman Headley
13. View about religion: Jihadi /Salafi/ Takfiri
14. Education: Graduate
15. Computer literacy: Yes
16 Languages Known: English, Urdu, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi
17. Phone numbers: 9819829221, 9820910814, 39920280935 (used in India)
PART - II
Family / Relationships details:
1. Name, alias David Coleman Headley @ Daood Gilani
2. Father's name Syed Saleem Gilani
3. Father's profession Pakistani civil servant
4. Mother's name Serrill Headley
5. Brothers Hamza, Daniel
6. Sisters Sherzada
7. Wife(s) Shazia Gilani,. Faiza Outalha
8. Son/daughter Haider Osama, Sumya (D), Hafsa (D)
Name: David Coleman Headley
Passport Number: 097536400
Nationality: United States of America
Date of Birth: 30th June 1960
Date of Issue: 10th March /2006/Washington
Date of expiry: 09th March 2016
Address: 563 1/2 Rosalie street, Philadelphia 19120
Place of Birth: United States
THE IMPORTANT PEOPLE
(1) Sajid Majid: Sajid was born in 1976 . His father's name is Abdul Majeed and he used to work in Saudi Arabia. Sajid's father had migrated from Indian Punjab during 1947 partition. Sajid has at least two brothers. During one of my early meeting with Sajid, he told me that one of his brothers was working in Chicago, though he never told me the details and also I never inquired about him as much. He has two older sisters also who are married . I had seen him for the first time in front of the Lahore High Court When we had gone to settle some cases of Hafiz Saeed.Sajid had been introduced to me by Ramzan of LeT by his original name.
Sajid was one of the earliest members of LeT. He did his Daura e khas when he was around 18 years old. Sajid was earlier head of Lahore unit of LeT. After that he became Secretary to Abdurrahman Maki and from then started looking after overseas affairs and cadres of Lashkar. Sajid lives near Airport in Lahore. The road which goes to airport from the crossing of Garrison golf club and then turns left and while going straight from there, on that road his house was 400 mts ahead on the left .At the time of my first meeting, Sajid was not a part of the Indian set up of LeT.
(A setup is actually a unit which is composed of top LeT men whose brothers of family members have died fighting in Kashmir. The members of the setup then have their own men for / under them. A setup is a compact unit which is given a geographical jurisdiction.)
Then in 2004 Muzzammil again introduced me to Sajid at safe house in Muzzaffarabad . Sajid got married around three years ago. I also attended the marriage . Sajid's father in law retired as Chaplin (Mauvi) from Pak navy. His father in law stays in Karachi. Sajid has a son and when I was arrested in Oct 2009, his wife was expecting again. The words 'polar bear cub' used in my emails with Sajid (firstname.lastname@example.org) are a reference to Sajid's son. In Lahore Sajid lived in an area where a boy of British nationality, who had done Daura-e-Aama with me, also lived. This British boy, whose name I don't remember used to tell me about Sajid.
Wasi and Ibrahim were other aliases of Sajid. One Sajid's brother-in-law (Behnoi) told me that Sajid had a number of passports in different names. One passport was in the Christian name with surname Mashih.
Sajid was raised in Karachi and as per my knowledge he graduated from a college in Karachi. He has been to Saudi Arabia a number of times as his father was working there.
Apart from Saudi, Sajid has been to Dubai, Qatar, Syria, Thailand and Canada. All these were LeT business trips.
Sajid was trying to set up a LeT base in Thailand. For this one Abu Anas was sent to Thailand to set up a restaurant in 2006, but this venture could not be a success.
Sajid is very secretive person. He is very meticulous and has a good eye for details. He has never been to any operational area. As per Sajid, he was once arrested in Dubai and he could get out only because of his LeT connections. He therefore avoided travelling to Dubai.
He has good understanding of computers and the cyber world. He is extremely careful in handling the email IDs.
He often uses a satellite phone while in Muzaffarabad. Sajid has a strong and distinct Salafi influence of Saudi Arab on him. He had undergone a plastic surgery. However there is not much change in his face after the surgery. I have identified the photograph shown by you.
In and around January 2005, I started reporting to Sajid Majid. The photograph which I had identified as Sajid's was his picture before the surgery. Sajid is extremely clever and computer handler . Sajid would always take precautions not to expose my activities to any other handler.
(2) Abdur Rehman Hashim@Pasha@ Abdurrehman is a retired major of 6th Baloch of Pakistan army . He was born in 1968. His father's name is Major Abdul Ghani who was also 6th Baloch. Pasha was a hardcore jihadi. In 2002, his army unit was stationed on the Pakistan side of Tora Bora mountains. Abdur Rehman was asked by his commander to fight against Taliban which he refused. He was demoted to the rank of Captain as a punishment but started working for jihadi organizations. He along with Major Haroon and Captain Khurram used to train cadres of LeT.
I first met Pasha at the Quadisiya Mosque in Lahore. Qadisiya is a LeT Mosque and every Friday Hafiz Saeed reads Khutba there. Abdur Rehman went to Govt. College Lahore and after college he graduated from Pakistan Military Academy. In my first meeting with Abdur Rehman, I found him to be dedicated towards Jihad. He approved of suicide bombing of Bari imam. I have identified his photograph shown by you . I learnt that he has been arrested on 4th or 5th of October, 2009 by Pak authorities.
(3) Haroon brothers: Major Haroon@Haroon-ul-Islam is also an ex-army officer from 10 Punjab of Pakistan army. Capt. Khurram was his younger brother. I met Khurram and Haroon through Abdur Rehman . I met khurram and Haroon through Abdur Rehman . Khurram and Haroon were working with LeT but they distanced themselves from LeT in late 2003. Khurram was also from 6th Baloch. Khurram and Pasha fought alongside Taliban in Afghanistan khurram was killed on 30 March,2007 in Afghanistan Khurram was killed on 30 March, 2007 in Afghanistan while fighting with Canadian forces. Haroon had started working for Illyas Kashmiri in 2006.
(4) Major Sammer Ali: An ISI Officer. I had met him a couple of times in Lahore . We were in touch through telephone and emails.
(5)Major Iqbal: An ISI officer. Appeared to me to be a person in his mid-thirties (5'9", fat, with moustache, big head, thick hair, deep voice). In the 1st meeting he was wearing a full sleeved shirt . In my understanding he smokes cigarettes. Major Iqbal introduced me to his boss known as Lt. Col Hamza. Lt. Col Hamza was a man in his early forties. He is baby faced and also overweight by the army standard. He must be five feet six inches in height. He appeared to be from Punjab. This I could guess from the accent in which he talked to me. They listened to me entire plan to attack India in our 1st meeting . This meeting lasted for more than two our 1st meeting. This meeting lasted for more than two hours. The Lt. Col assured me of the financial help and directed me to follow the directions of Major Iqbal from time to time. He also directed me to inform about all my activities to Major Iqbal. That was the first and last meeting with Lt. Col Hamza. Major Iqbal remained my handler. I informed all events related to my activities to Major Iqbal.
(6) Hafiz Saeed: He is the Chief (Ameer) of LeT. He is very close to ISI. All the activities of LeT are reported to him. I think he is diplomatic and never talks directly. I have shown you his house in Google earth map. He is well protected. He was aware of my activities and encouraged me. without his approval 26/11 could not have happened.
(7) Zaju ur Rehman Lakhvi: He is the chief military commander of LeT. I understand that he is main architect of 26/11.
(8) Abu Qahafa: He is directly involved in the Mumbai attack. I found him to be a tech savvy .Abu Qahafa had done the Bait-Ul-Rizwan training with me. He is married to Abu Saeed's sister. He, worked with Sajid Majid and trained the attackers of Mumbai. Abu Qahafa was criticized by his trainers during the Bait -ul- Rizwan training. One of the nephews of Abu Qahafa had participated in the Mumbai attack.
(9) Muzzammil: Muzzammil was born in 1976 and in over 6ft 4 inches tall. He sports a long beard and is very well built. His family lives in the outskirsts of Gujranwala. Muzzammil is very close to Zaki and is his most trustworthy companion. Muzzammil never contradicts Zaki. He according to me is the biggest Chamcha (brownnoser) of Zaki. He was involved in the killing of Sikhs in Chhitisinghpura village of Kashmir. The killing of local Kashmiri militants held responsible for Chhitisingpura was exploited by Lashkar by Lashkar and used as propaganda against Indian Govt. Muzzammil has big setup in Lashkar. Though initially Sajid was also in his setup but later Sajid had his own setup. Abu Anas, Abu Sarya, Abdul Aziz etc were important members of his setup. After coming to Muzaffarabad, he was initially given the charge of the India operations. Muzzammil is married. The Akshardham Temple attack in India was conducted and planned by Muzzammil. I was told that one of the operatives killed in the Akshardham Temple attack was Abul Had, the nephew of one Haji Asraf. Haji Asraf is Lahore based and is in charge of the purse and treasury of LeT.
(10) Abu Anas: He is the in charge of LeT Safe house in Pindi (Rawalpindi). He had visited Thailand to start a restaurant there as cover for LeT. He had met Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan in 1987. He is married . He originally belongs to Faislabad, Pakistan. He had lost a brother in Kashmir. He remained very close to Sajid Majid. (description: height 6'1",95 kg). Part of the Mumbai conspiracy.
(11) Abu Dujana: Abu Dujana (age:35/40,Height 5'8",slim long beard) was a veteran who had fought in Kashmir. He and Muzzammil were together in Kashmir in April 2002.
Few weeks of our first meeting, Abu Dujana was given a house by Lashkar in the LeT camp at Muridke Abu Dujana told me that once he was shot by a village Defence committee member in Kashmir. Abu Dujana is 5ft 8in. I met Abu Dujana in the model town office of Lashkar. Abu Dujana was a senior commander of LeT. Two of Abu Dujana's brothers were killed in Kashmir. His younger brother was killed before 2001 but his older brother was killed in September 2003 . I went to Abu Dujan's house a few times . He is married with two kids. He is in his early forties and has dark brown hair. He is originally from Bahawalpur.
(12) Abu Hamza: LeT operative . Had operated in India . He had participated in IISc Bangalore attack.
(13) Abdul Aziz: He is also known as Abu Rehan . He had visited India a number of times. He is believed to be the man behind the Bangalore attack in India in 2005. Abdul Aziz was not part of the Mumbai attack group. Abu Hamza who participated in IISc Bangalore attack, I believe they got a pat from Zaki. He frequently visits Saudi Arabia.
(14) Col. Shah: ISI officer, close to LeT.
(15) Col. Hamza: ISI officer close to LeT. His actual rank is Lt. Col.
(16) Abu Alqama: Commander of LeT . DIRECTLY INVOLVED IN MUMBAI CONSPIRACY. I have identified his photo shown by you.
(17) Md. Yaqub: Chief of naval wing of LeT. He was involved in Mumbai attack clearly.
(18) Abu Aiman: Abu Aiman had done the Doura-e-Khasa with Sajid Majid. Abu Aiman's father is a banker. Abu Aiman's step mother is the widow of Abu Fatullaha who died fighting in Kashmir. Uamm-e-Hammad @ Ume Haze, the mother of Abu Aiman writes songs for the LeT. She is also the in-charge of all women's activities of LeT. Abu Aiman resides in Muridike. One of the brothers of Abu Aiman, Abu Usman had participated with Muzzammil in the massacre that took place before President Clinton's visit to India. Abu Usman died while fighting in India. He imparts training in LeT.
(19) Nasar Javed: The training Chief of LeT. 50 years old influential and close to Zaki.
(20) Abu Sayeed: Abu Sayyed works under Nasar javed who is the overall training in charge of LeT. Sayeed is tail about 5'11",around 42 years old, and is slightly overweight. He has done his masters in Engineering from Faisalabad. He once tore his degree before Zaki in order to show his commitment towards jihad. I think it was a gimmick as everybody knew that one could get a duplicate degree. I once traveled with Sayeed from Muzaffarabad to Lahore in Dec 2004.
2. ORGANISATIONS/ INSTITUTIONS
(1) LeT: The chief patron of the outfit is Hafiz Saeed. Abdur Rehman Maki, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi are the important members of this outfit. It is based on the Salafi faith of Islam . The objective of the outfit is to establish "Nizam-e-Mustafa" (Rule of God). I feel that LeT is more inclined for jihad in kashmir. At present some ideological battle amongst the top brass in going on relating to jihad in Afghanistan. Sometime in 2008 I felt that LeT is not sincere and committed to the planned actions. India will remain a target for LeT.
(2) ISI: The Inter -Service- Intelligence wing of Pakistan has a control over most of the important operatives of LeT. Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi is close to the DG of ISI. LeT is also funded by the ISI.
(3) 313 Brigade: This outfit is formed by Illyas kashmiri. They are primarily based in the FATA region of Pakistan. They belong to the Deobandi school of thought of Islam . They believe in Takfiri ideology . This outfit is responsible for several suicide attacks in Pakistan in the recent time. They are directly linked with Al-Qaida.
(4) Jund ul Fida: This is name Abdur Rehman has proposed to give the outfit that will operate under 313 brigade and carry out attacks in India and other non Islamic countires. This name has been chosen by Osama Bin Laden.
(5) Karachi set up: Abdur Rehman @ Pasha has trained some Indian Muslim youths who have been asked to attack various targets in India. It is a personal set up of Pasha and it is independent of the LeT's similar set up in Karachi.
1. I was born in the year 1960 in the United States of America. My father Syed Gilani was a Pakistani national and mother Ms. Serril Headley was a USA national. I have one sister by name Sherzad, who was born in Pakistan in 1963. She is doctor by profession. She is married and settled in Maryland, Baltimore, USA. After my birth, the family relocated to Pakistan where I was raised. I went to a military school located in Hasan Abdal, Attock District, Punjab, Pakistan known as Cadet College Hassan Abdal . My father, after divorcing my mother remarried in Pakistan to one Sayeda Begam.
2. In 1977 I was re-located to the United States to live with my mother, who had divorced my father in 1966. My mother grew up in Bryn Mawr. She was the owner of a pub by the name Khyber Pass pub/ restaurant at 56 S.Second St. in Philadelphia. In USA I studied accounting, at a community college in Philadelphia region. With my mother, I operated a video store, Fliks video, in Center City, New York, My mother handed over the pub to me . In the year 1985 I took over the charge of the pub . I ran it myself for a year and then left this business.
3. I have two half- brothers named Hamza Gilani and Daanyal Gilani. Daanyal and Hamza were born in 1973 and 1976 respectively. Both of them are in the Pakistan civil services. Daanyal was also posted as the Information Officer in the Prime Minister Office of Pakistan. My father had worked in the Pakistan Broadcasting Department . He had gone to the USA on deputation to Voice of America.
4. We are originally from the Dinanagar, Ajanala, Gastartide, Punjab. My father had remained in UP for some time before partition . He had done his schooling from the Islamia School in Ettawah. After his school education, he had studied in the Govt . College Lahore.
5. I got married to Shazia Gilani in Pakistan in the year 1999. Shazia is the daughter of Javed Ahmed . I do not want to discuss the details on my in laws family as they have nothing to do with my activities. My wife and four children are presently based in Chicago, USA. I do not want to discuss anything pertaining to them. My request would be not to ask questions relating to my immediate family members. I however, assure you that during my questioning for clarifications and understandings of the context of the conspiracy, whenever required, I would make relevant mention of them.
6. Joining of Lashkar-E-Toiba (LeT) in Pakistan:
During my stay in Pakistan I Used to go to Qadisiya mosque to offer prayers. Once I saw a poster/banner of LeT in Lahore requesting for funds to fight jihad in India. I was touched by poster. The poster had the telephone number of the LeT's office based in Model Town, Lahore. I called up the number given in the poster . Two persons( one of them is Abid, a member of LeT who worked in the Model Town office of LeT, now settled in Spain) came to my house in Lahore and collected Rs. 50,000 from me in cash. They requested me to participate in a lecture in the same evening that would be delivered by the LeT chief, Hafiz Saeed in the house of a Lahore based businessman Shaikh Nadim. Shaikh Nadim is a known businessman, of Lahore. He stays near the model town office of LeT.
Shaikh Nadim's elder brother who is in his early sixties is Shaikh Nayeem. Both the brothers are the known financiers of the LeT in Lahore. The recent bombing of the Ahmediya mosque in 2010 happened very close to Shaikh Nadim's house.
The Shaikh brothers are involved in the clothing business in Lahore. The lecture of Hafiz Saeed on the relevance of Jihad and his mention of Hadith really influenced me .Hafiz Saeed quoted a Hadith which said that a moment spent in jihad gives you much more sawaab ( reward) than the millions of namaz offered in kaaba and that too on the night of lailat ur Qadr'( a pious night of Ramadan).
7. I met Hafiz Saeed for the first time during this meeting . Abid took me to Hafiz Saeed and introduced me to him. I was influenced by the address of Hafiz Saeed. When I returned home I checked the veracity of this from hadith. I found out that it was a Bukhari Hadith ( Sayings of prophet compiled by Imam Bukhari ). I was attracted towards jihad.
8. After two weeks from this meeting I again met Hafiz Saeed in Muridke in one of the "Istamas"of LeT. During this meeting, Abdur Rehman Makki was also present. Abdur Rehman Makki also delivered a lecture in this Istama. During this brief meeting Hafiz Saeed told me to be present till the completion of the Istama. Abdur Rehman Makki is the son of Hafiz Saeed's maternal uncle . Hafiz Saeed's wife's younger sister is married to Abdur Rehman Makki.
9. Abid, the person who took me to this meeting no longer works for LeT. One Ramzan had taken over the charge of the Model Town, Lahore LeT camp from Abid . During this phase I used to regularly go and offer prayer at the Qadisiya mosque in Lahore. Qadisiya mosque is the Mosque of the LeT, guarded by the armed LeT cadres. Hafiz Saeed and Abdur Rehman Makki usually come and offer their Friday namaz read Khutba in the Qadisiya mosque.
10. Ramzan introduced me to Abu Dujana . Abu Dujana (age:35/40,Height 5'8",slim with a long beard) was a veteran who had fought in Kashmir . He and Muzzammil were together in Kashmir.He remained there from the year 1998 to 2001. Abu Dujana told me that once he was shot by village Defence Committee (VDC) members in Doda district of J&K, He had full praise for the courage of the VDC members. I went to Abu Dujana's house a few times Abu Dujana stays in the compound of the Muridke Mosque with his mother, wife, widow of his brother, one younger brother and his children .
11. In Nov 2000, I returned to USA. During these years I never used to stay in Pakistan for more than a month. My business was in New York which was being looked after by my cousin Farid in my absence. By this time my store was not doing very well.
12. On and around 2001, I firmly decided to join LeT and fight for the cause of Jihad. I met Hafiz Saeed during the Friday prayers at Qadisiya Masque.
13. I wanted to close my video store in USA and join the activities of LeT. I wanted to sell it. Subsequently I decided to rent it out. I gave it on rent to an Italian person. I wanted to contribute the money that I used to get from the store for the cause of Jihad. I discussed this matter with Hafiz Saeed on and around July 2001, which he very politely declined. He suggested me to remain away from such earnings which are against the basics of Salafi thought.
14. During my stay in Pakistan we used to debate on the jihad and other aspects of fighting the so called "crusader force" ( The non-Islamic forces fighting against the jihadis). I even used to discuss Salafi thought with a number of scholars. Ramzan and Abu Dujana motivated me to join the Daura-e-Sufa for my understanding of jihad and LeT.
15. Training Undergone as the member of LeT: On and around February 2002, I went to for the Daura-e-Sufa training for three weeks in Muridke. This training was organized by one Abdur Rehman Abid( Age:42, from Punjab, Pakistan). This training included lectures on "Tohid" and other practices of Islam's Salafi school of thought. During this course, the mother of Hafiz Saeed expired . So all of us went from the training camp to Saeed's place and expressed our condolence.
16. On and around August 2002, I joined the three- week training program Daura -e- Amma in Muzaffarabad . One Abu Hanzala was our course coordinator . During this training I met Abu Aamar also. Abu Aamar was a respected commander of LeT who had fought in Kashmir for a long time. He was handicapped in his left hand as a result of a gunshot injury. During this training there was trainee from New Zealand and he had a lot of difficulty in following the training as he was a recent convert . During this Daura, Hafiz Saeed also visited the training camp and delivered a lecture.
17. In the year 2002 . I met Muzzammil Butt, a kashmiri in Muzaffarabad . Abu Dujana introduced me to Muzzammil. Muzzammil and Abu Dujana had stayed together in Kashmir. Muzzammil is very important operative of LeT. He was Involved in a series of attacks on Indian security forces when he was in Kashmir. I recollect that once Muzzammil had told me how he had gone and killed civilians in a village in South Kashmir before the visit of the then US president . Bill Clinton to India. After coming to Muzaffarabad, he was initially given the charge of the India operations.
18. On and around the early summer of 2002, I was introduced to Abdur Rehman Hashim @ Pasha by Abu Dujana at the Qadisiya Mosque in Lahore. In my first meeting with Abdur Rehman, I found him to be dedicated towards Jihad. During my stay in Pakistan, I Used to regularly go to Abdur Rehman Hashim's house. I can identify his house in Lahore.
19. Abdur Rehman Hashim is very close to me. Abdur Rehman and Major Haroon were the trainers in LeT who prepared the operatives for combat duties and suicidal attacks. I recollect when I was undergoing the Daura-e-Khasa course in the year 2003, Abdur Rehman used to train a suicidal squad to carry out attacks In India in nearby location. On and around 2004, the Indian PM's rally was attacked in Srinagar city by LeT. This attack was carried out by one of the trainees of Abdur Rehman.
20. In LeT, before joining the training course viz., The Daura-e-khasa one needs to get his name recommended by a senior functionary of LeT. I got myself recommended from one Abu Shoaib of Lahore. Abu Shoab (age 40, then) had serious disagreement on the kaluchak attack in jammu carried by the LeT on 14 May,2002. After this incident he started slowly distancing himself from the LeT. However, he gave me the recommendation. I had gone to his house in Lahore to obtain the recommendation letter. Abu Shoaib in the coming days formed a small group known as "Caravan-e-Islam" to fight in Afghanistan.
21. On and around April 2003, I joined the Daura-e-khasa in Muzaffarabad. This was a three months course. Furqan and Sanaullah were my trainers for this Daura, though Sayeed was the overall in-charge of Daura e Khasa. Furqan is from kot Addu in Southern Punjab, Pakistan.
22. Abu Sayeed works under Nassar Javed who is the overall training in charge of LeT.
23. This training was tough. I had some problems with one Abu Furkan. So I left the training in between and came back to Lahore. I shared my problems with Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi. I shared my problems with Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi. After four days I decided to join the training again. I resumed the training and completed it on and around july 2003.
24. After the completion of training I met Zaki and expressed my desire to flight in Kashmir. However Zaki declined my request and mentioned that I would not fit the age criteria to fight in Kashmir . However Zaki declined my request and mentioned that I would not fit the age criteria to fight in Kashmir. He handed over me to Yaqoob, one of the close associates of Zaki. Yaqoob is with Zaki since 1984. Yaqoob resides in the "Bait-ul-Mujahiddin" in Muzaffarabad.
25. On and around August 2003, I joined the three week Daura-e-ribat in the Manshera valley. The basic objective of this training was to make "contact" . Ribat is derived from word rabta which means to be in contact with. Contact/rabta is a bery important tactic of LeT, where every operative is contacted by his handler quite frequently . Daura-e-ribat is mostly for the people who have to recruit or be in constant contact with other operatives . Abu Usman was one of the principal trainers during this course. Abu Usman is the Younger brother of Nasar Javed, who is the overall in charge of training. For this training, a room was taken on rent by the LeT. There were 17/18 cadres of LeT with me during this training. One Abdullah and Soanaullah were also the trainers in this course. One Abu Azmal (28), who I believe is from Maharashtra (India) was doing the training with me. Subsequently once Muzzammil had told me that Azmal was arrested in India sometime in 2006/07. This arrest was broadcast on the TV also . I had met Azmal during the "Isatma" of LeT in October 2003 also.
26. On and around September 2003, I attended the "Isatma" of LeT. I was directed to attend another training of LeT known as Bait-ul-Rizwan. On and around December 2003, I did this training for four months .This training was based on the un-armed combat and close quarter battles. Bait -ul- Rizwan stresses more on salafi and Deobandi ideology. Abu Aiman was the in -Charge of the training. Abu Aiman is around 33 years old and is from Southern Punjab . He is fat but his reflexes are quite sharp. During this training I came across a trainer who was an NCO in the Pakistan army and an expert in un-armed combat. I consider him as an excellent trainer. I do not recollect his name . Abu Qahafa had done this training with me.
27. On and around july 2004, a two week training programme on leadership seminar was held in Abbotabbad. Abur Rehman Maki and Zaki -ur- Rehman Lakhvi were present during this seminar. This course is called "Dhaura-e- Tadribul Musaleen". During this Daura, speeches were given by Hafiz Saeed, Abdurrahman Maki and others. Maulana Masood Azhar also gave a speech during this Daura. It was a weeklong Daura. During this Daura two lunches were organized by Zaki in which selected people were invited . I was also invited . During the lunch there was discussion about how to effectively deal with banning of LeT by the Pakistan government . Zaki disapproved of the idea of fighting a legal battle on this issue as he was apprehensive of the evidence against LeT being produced by the Indian authorities.
28. Post Training Activities in Pakistan: On and around August 2004, I met Zaki and requested him to change my handler as I was not comfortable with yaqoob. Zaki then handed me over to Muzzammil, Abdur Rehamn was also working in Muzzammil's set up. In his set up. I came across the following operatives like Sajid Majid, Abu Anas Abdul Aziz and the following:
29. Abu Saria: He was killed in the earthquake in October 2005.
30. Mohsin: He was the accountant of the group. He got killed in the earthquake in Oct,2005.
31. Owais: He has a central Asian look . He was strongly considered to go to India. He continues to be in Sajid Majid's group.
32. During this period I started my dairy farming business. I purchased some land also . However I could not do well in my business.
33. On and around January 2005, I started reporting to Sajid Majid. After this I started working under Sajid Majid. After this I started working under Sajid Majid .Though Muzzammil was my handler but it was Sajid who used to interact with me frequently.
34. Preparation for visit to India: Because after the training I was not sent to Kashmir, I became skeptical about my future. Increasingly I developed a feeling that I am not being used properly . I mentioned these issues to Zaki, Muzzammil, Sajid etc. But I was told to wait. Subsequently it was decided that I would go to India to carry out the activities of the LeT. However at this point, it was not clear to which place in India I would go. During discussions in LeT, several Indian cities were discussed where they proposed to send me. Some of these places which I recollect were Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Gujarat etc. The change of name, establishment of Immigration office in India on behalf of Tahawwur Hussain Rana, use of American passport to conceal my identity and so on were my ideas. The LeT appreciated these ideas.
35. On and around April 2005, LeT carried out the attack on the Muzaffarabad and Srinagar bus services. Immediately after that Sajid along with Abdur Rehman left for India under the pretext of watching the Indo -Pak cricket match. Sajid, of course did not reveal anything about this visit to me. However Abdur Rehman had given a detailed narration of this visit to India in April 2005. They went from the Wagha border. They spent some time in Delhi. Abdur Rehman had gone to the NDC in Delhi to conduct a reconnaissance of the NDC. They had possibly gone to the IMA Dehraudun . On their way back, Abdur Rehman recollected that Sajid was extremely nervous at Wagha gate.
36. I started working on my name change procedure. On and around September 2005, I went to USA. I contacted attorney Donald Drumpf for change of name . when I had left Pakistan, I had given Farid's number to Sajid Majid. Sajid had contacted me during my trip to USA.
37. I returned to Pakistan after the earthquake. I was told that Abu Saria and Mohsin had lost their lives in the earthquake. The miraculous escape of Abu Anas' two year old son was also discussed with Sajid. I met Zaki's son Wasi in Muzaffarabad during this period. Wasi was killed in an action in Kashmir. When I met Wasi in Muzaffarabad he was with another boy named Amanullah. Amanullah was killed in an action near Athmuqam, on the Line of Actual Control (LOC). I was after Zaki's son that Sajid had taken as his alias.
38. I also met Abdul Qadir, an old LeT commander and one of the founders of LeT. Abdul Qadir was an ex SSG he retired as a havaldar . Qadir was a competitor of Zaki and he wanted to replace Zaki as the commander of LeT When LeT didn't give much importance to jihad in Afghanistan, he left LeT and went to Afghanistan and fought along Taliban. He was later arrested by ISI for working with Tahrike-ul-Taliban of Pakistan (TTP) and then released after some time. Zaki told me not to contact Qadir.
39. I visited Muzaffarabad. Sajid received me on a motor bike and took me to the safe house near the LeT hospital in Muzaffarabad. I met Abu Qahafa, and Muzzammil in this house. I met Abu Qahafa, and Muzzammil in this house. I had seen Abu Qahafa earlier. Abu Qahafa had done the Bait-ul-Rizwan training with me. He is married to Abu Saeed's sister . He, in the days to come, would work with Sajid Majid and train the attackers of Mumbai for the 26/11 attack. One of the nephews of Abu Qahafa had participated in the Mumbai attack.
40. Between October 2005 and December 2005, I had gone to Muzaffarabad on three occasions. I met Abu Qahafa, Muzzammil, Sajid Majid and Abu Anas During this period . On and around end of December, I along with Muzzammil, Abdul Rehman, Sajid and Amahullah ( an engineer killed in action) Went to a camp in Athmuqam. I was not told about this trip by the LeT. Muzzammil visited several Pakistan army installations during our visit . I suspect they were preparing for an attack, possibly a train attack in India. The safe house in Muzaffarabad used to be called by Sajid as "Ice Box". Sajid, Muzzammil and Qahafa showed me a number of CDs of atrocities on Indian Muslims. Babu Bajrangi's videos of Gujarat riots were also shown. During this meeting I was also shown a map of Cyberabad. I believe that LeT has already conducted the surveillance of Rajkot ( Oil refinery ) and it is a potential target. I recollect there was a discussion on prof. Puri's assassination in Bangalore by the LeT. Abu Hamza executed this action. Abdul Aziz had supervised this operation.
41. In the year 2005, I did not meet Abdur Rehman @ Pasha much as he was fighting alongside Taliban in Afghanistan. Capt. Khurram ( Haroon's brother ) was also fighting . I again met Abdur Rehman @ Pasha in January 2006.
42. Visit to Khyber agency with Abdur Rehman Hashim: On and around January 2006, I proposed to Abdur Rehman Hashim to take him to the Khyber agency to introduce him to some of my old contacts of drug-dealing days for assistance to smuggle weapons to India. He readily agreed to go with me.
43. In the mid- eighties, I used to be in regular contact with one Jeb Shah, father of Niyhmat Shah of Khyber agency . I had kept that contact alive. Gradually I became close to his son Niyhmat Shah (60 years old). During my stay in Pakistan I was in touch with Niyhmat Shah. They belong to the Shinwari tribe. They are located at Shek mal Khel 10 km away from Landi Kotal. I also know Ayub Arifdi another person from the same region. I used to often drop his name to Rahul Bhatt to make him aware about the contacts that I have in the FATA areas.
44. We went to Peshawar from Lahore by bus which took us almost seven hours. From Peshawar, Khyber pass is two our journey. We took a taxi and proceeded towards Khyber Agency . On the out skirts of Peshawar at the Bagh-e- Khyber we were stopped by the tribal guards known as Zamrut. We were taken to the khar police station. Before proceeding to the police Station I showed them my Pakistani id card. Major Abdur Rehman also showed his ex-army card. However they took us to the police station and conducted a zama-talashi. They took away our telephones from us. We were kept in the Police Station with some other persons. We could manage to call up Niyhmat Shah and told him the problem.
45. The next day we were taken to the Landikotal prison. From there we were taken to a location of Khyber Rifle. We met one Mjor Ali@Sheen of ISI in this location. He separately talked to both of us. I narrated him my entire story. I told him about my association with Lashkar -e - Toiba and my ongoing plans to go to India. He told me that earlier some year ago while he was posted in Lahore, he used to send people to India to collect information and intelligence on the Indian army and cities. He remembered his work and contacts that carried out some work in the Indian city of Pune.He addressed Abdur Rehman as "Sir" as Abdur Rehman was senior to him in the course. He told me that some people would be contacting me in Lahore who could be useful to me in my mission.
46. The next day, Niyhmat Shah came with another person to meet us. He knew Major Ali. So we were let off.
47. We went to Niyhmat Shah's place and discussed the possibility of sending weapons to India. He agreed to do so. He said that they smuggled weapons to India though Jammu, Rajasthan, Gujarat, etc., along with drugs.
48. Upon my return, I mentioned the visit to Sajid. However he did not seen happy about this trip.
49. On and around 2007, I learnt that, Sajid had gone to meet Niymat Shah along with Muzzammil . He did not tell me this. Abdur Rehman did. Reportedly Sajid had paid approximately 8.5 lakh rupees on behalf of LeT to Niyhmat Shah to smuggle weapons into India.
50. Introduction with Major Iqbal in Lahor: we reached Lahore safe and sound. After a couple of days of my arrival in Lahore, I got a call from Major Iqbal. He called me up on by mobilelink mobile number. This number is with me since 2001 and it is in the name of my brother-in-law Rizwan,36H,Gulberg Colony, Lahore. I had never talked to Major Iqbal before. He gave the reference of Major Ali to me. He told me to come and meet him in a nearby location between the Lahore Airport and the defence society. I took my Honda city car and left to meet Major Iqbal. He guided me to the location over mobile phone. I used my mobillink company cell phone for this purpose. As soon as I reached the location, he sent a person to pick me up and take me to the location where he was stationed. I met Major Iqbal. Major Iqbal introduced me to his boss known as Lt. Col Hamza. Lt. Col Hamza was a man in this early forties. He is baby faced and also overweight by the army standard. He must be five feet six inches in height. He appeared to be from Punjab. This I could guess from the accent in which he talked to me. They listened to my entire plan. This meeting lasted for more than two hours. The Lt. Col assured me of the financial help and directed me to follow the direction of Major Iqbal from time to time. He also directed me inform about all my activities to Major Iqbal. That was the first and last meeting with Lt. Col Hamza. This was the only time I met him because after that he was transferred out of Lahore. Major Iqbal remained my handler. In the times to come, I would inform all events related to my activities to Major Iqbal . To my knowledge, Abdur Rehman was also contacted by the ISI handlers. Abdur Rehman never liked the ISI handlers. We would often discuss the ISI Major Sameer Ali on couple of occasions. I was in contact with him though telephone and emails. On and around 2008 once I met one of the ISI handlers of Abdur Rehman Hashim named as Col Shah. I understand from my association in LeT that Zaki was also under an ISI handler known as Brig. Riyaz . who is now retired . He used to live in a palatial house in Muzzaffarabad. I also realized that every LeT operative is handled by some ISI official. The same was true of Muzzammil and Sajid Majid.
51. Visit to USA for change of name: During the first week of February 2006 I visited USA. Like in the past, I landed in the JFK international airport in New York. I went and met my cousin Farid who was in USA. I confirmed the progress in my business. Then I went and pursued my name change issues. It did not take much time. My lawyer had already lined up the matter. I could complete my work in a couple of days. I did not have a Pakistani passport. The USA passport is my only passport. I had never received any passport issued by my Pakistani handlers. I was staying in Pakistan on the Pakistani visa issued from USA by Pakistan Embassy.
52. While changing my passport, I did not change my Social Security Number (SSN) of USA. Though I was in telephonic contact with Dr. Rana, I did not go to Chicago to meet him during this time.
53. Beginning of training under Major Iqbal: On and around March 2006, I returned to Pakistan. Upon my return I met Major Iqbal. I can recall the meeting with Major Iqbal at a fourth location. At the first three locations I met him occasionally. At the fourth location which was near the airport of Lahore, I used to meet him regularly . I can show all these locations. Before my visit to USA in July 2006. I visited Muzaffarabad three to four times. I informed Sajid, Muzzammil about the change of my name. They were impressed about my work. However I was not assigned any immediate task to execute.
54. I informed Abdur Rehman Hashim about my new name . Many people would not know my name in Pakistan, I used my old name . During this period, I became close to Major Iqbal as I found him more professional in his approach. Major Iqbal assigned an NCO to train me on the basics of intelligence. This included several lessons such as, how to create sources, how to take cover, and so on. After explaining the theory, the NCO would take me to streets of Lahore to implement them. I truly enjoyed this training. The training given by this NCO under the guidance of Major Iqbal was much more scientific and effective that the trainings I did in the LeT camps. Major Iqbal would give me reading materials including some containing information about India, prepared in English with stamps on each page as "secret". I would read these materials with great interest and try and follow them . Often, I would discuss the issues of Dr. Rana with Major Iqbal. Major Iqbal would then assure me help for Dr. Rana to visit Pakistan. Dr. Rana had deserted the Pakistan army sometime in early nineties. After that he had never come to Pakistan. He was a doctor in the Pakistan army and from my college. I had given Dr. Rana's contact number to Major Iqbal.
55. Visit to USA in June 2006 to obtain the visa for India: I went to Dr. Rana's place and stayed in his house for a few weeks. During this period, we had an elaborate discussion on the establishment of the Immigrant Law Centre (ILC) in Mumbai. I told Dr Rana the entire plan of the LeT and ISI. I requested his help which he readily agreed to provide. I know Mr. Raymond Sanders since the mid-nineties. I met Mr. Sanders in the FWIC in Chicago. All the documents were prepared to obtain my visa. All papers were prepared by Dr. Rana and Mr. Sanders. I went to the Indian Consulate on 29 June 2006, to obtain the visa. I did not know that for the visa . so many columns needed to be filled up in the application form . I provided false information on father's name and some other particulars. I was told to come on the next day and collect my visa. I collected my visa for India, for one year, from the Indian Consulate in Chicago. When I applied for the Indian visa my passport had already the visa stamp of Pakistan on it. Also, my Pakistan visits in February and June were recorded in the passport.
56. Dr. Rana was also influenced by my thoughts and actions. He assured all the help in India. I could understand that he had genuine feeling to fight for the cause of Islam on being asked I state that I have not travelled with Dr. Drana in July 2006 to Pakistan. Instead Dr. Rana's son had travelled once with me to Pakistan. I told Dr. Rana that my nephew would send him money which he would have to send to me in India. In my understanding, Dr. Rana, apart from having a soft corner for the cause of Islam, also saw a genuine business opportunity in India. It was decided that we would talk in English whenever I called up Dr. Rana from India.
57. Preparation for visit to India (August 2006 onwards): Upon my return from the USA, I met separately Major Iqbal in Lahore and Sajid in Muzaffarabad. I showed them my Indian visa. Major Iqbal came to my house and paid $25,000 in three bundles ($10,000 | $10,000 | and $5,000). These bundles had no bank ribbon on them. When I met Sajid, he was already aware that I had received money from Major Iqbal. The LeT did not provide me any money for this trip. I do not recall whether I met Zaki before my visit to India.
58. I did not carry the entire money with me. If I recollect I carried only $3000-$4000 during my first trip and two credit cards. During my first trip, I carried my mother-in-law's camera with which I conducted videography and photography. I cannot recollect the model of the camera. I spoke to Dr. Rana before my visit. Dr. Rana gave me the name and details of Bashir and told me that Bashir would receive me at the Mumbai airport.
59. First visit to India (14 September 2006 to 14 Deceber 2006): I was received by Bashir at the Mumbai airport. This was my first visit to India. I had never visited India in any other name before this. Of course, I had travelled to countries like UK, France, Germany, Maldives, Sri Lanka, etc., in the name Daood Gilani.
60. I reached Hotel Outram in Mumbai. I got the money exchanged with the help of Abdullah, an employee in Hotel Outram. I purchased a mobile phone and a SIM card. While in India I had never contacted anyone from my cell phone in Pakistan as instructed I would communicate with Dr. Rana who in return would talk to Pakistan. I used the cuber cafe of Hathway and a couple of other cuber cage near Hotel Outram. U used the memory sticks which I purchased from a couple of showrooms. One show room I recollect was near a book shop close to the Hotel Outram. I do not remember of obtaining any receipt against the purchase of memory sticks from these shops. I befriended Aswin Rajpal, Villas Varak, Kania Messman, Rahul Bhat, and so on. I had taken utmost care to conceal my identity. I submitted a form in Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai under the signature of Mr. Raymond Joseph Sanders for establishing a liaison office of M/s. Immigrant Law Centre, Chicago at Tardeo AC Market, Mumbai. During the later part of September 2006, I conducted an interview under the pretext of appointing a secretary at Shyam Niwas for my Immigrant Law Centre office. On the recommendation of Ms. Kirpalani, Ms. Mahrukh R. Barucha, a Parsi resident of Mumbai, attended the interview and I appointed her as a Secretary. I made extensive photgraphy of places like BMC building. Haji Ali, Gateway of India, Hotel Tak, Applo Bunder, State Police HQrs of Mahashtra, DN Road, Azad Maidan, Areas close to Hotel Outram, Marine drive areas and so on. I received money from Dr. Rana on two occasions. On both the occasions, I received the money from a bank located very close to the Hotel Oberoi. I believe the Canadian Consulate is also located in the same building where I used to go and collect the money. I do not recollect the name of the bank. During this visit, I had not gone out of Mumbai in India.
61. Return to Pakistan after the first visit of India: During my stay in India, I had never talked to any of the my handlers in Pakistan. As soon as I reached Lahore, I contacted Major Iqbal and met him at the fourth location where we usually met. In fact after this meeting onwards, we always met only at this fourth location. I met Major Iqbal and shared my experience with him. I gave him the memory stick of experience with him. I gave him the memory stock of 2GB in which I had made recordings of various locations in Mumbai. He kept the memory sticks with him. We did not see any of the videos together. The next morning he returned the memory stock to me. I had not given this memory stick to Abdur Rehman Hashim. After a couple of days, I left for Muzaffarabad. I went by a bus to Rawalpindi and them Pindi I took a mini bus to Muzaffarabad. Sajid had come in a jeep to receive me from the bus stand. I stayed at "Bait-ul-Mujahiddin" (here in after BM). I met Abu Anas. Abu Qahafa, Muzzammil and Zaki at BM. Abu Anas was working like an assistant to Sajid. I could see the growing importance of Sajid over Muzzammil during my stay in BM. Sajid took the footages from me. He only discussed on the Taj hotel. Sajid was very particular of the annual conference of the software professionals in Tak. There was no sepcific discussion on any target. I could also understand that there was no plan for immediate strike in India.
62. I met Zaki the next morning. He offered me milk and saffron. I informed Zaki about my activities. During my stay in BM we saw a number of videos together. I recollect of watching videos of large number of Sadhus (naked and semi naked) taking holy dip in the river Ganga. Abu Qahafa would tell if we could attack on any such place in India. I presume that this place to be Banarasor or footages of Kumbhamela in India. I had never gone to any of these places. Sajid showed interest in my association with Rahul Bhat.
63. Upon my return to Lahore, I continued my training with the NCO given by Major Iqbal to me on various aspects of intelligence collection. The need to introduce my wife Faiza Outaiha is important here. Before my visit to India, in the last week of February 2007, I got married to Faiza. She was a medical student in the Lahore medical college. She is a Moroccan national. I had not disclosed this marriage to my wife Shazia. I had taken Shazia's uncle Saulat into confidence.
64. I could not meet Abdur Rehman during this trip. I was given to understand that Abdur Rehman, Khurram Haroon were then fighting the "crusader force" (the NATO forces) on the soils of Afghanistan.
65. Before coming to India for the second time, I did not go out of Pakistan. I took briefings from Major Iqbal and Sajid separately. This time also, I did not receive any money from the LeT. I carried the same camera with me for this trip to India. The number given on the air ticket for this time was of Saulat Mamu.
66. Second trip to India (21/02/2007 to 15/03/2007): I had reacted Mumbai on 21, February 2007. I had requested Mrs. Bharucha to get a new SIM card for my trip. During this period I opeed an account in the Relicance cuber cafe. I remained engulfed with some developments on my personal front during this period. I cambe back to Lahore on 15th March, 2007 to attend to some personal issued. After five days, I again left for Mumbai. I had not disclosed this visit with my handlers. Of course, I had discussed these issues with Dr. Rana.
67. Thid trip to India (20/03/2007 to 17/05/2007): I reached Mumbai on 20th March... [BLANK PAGE] … videos of Faiza during this trip. Of course I had taken her photographs.
68. I left Mumbai and spent three days with my wife Shazia and children in Dubai. I had not informed about this visit to any of my handlers other than Dr. Rana I was in Dubai for three days.
69. Fourth trip to India (20/05/2007 to 07/06/2007): I reached India on 20, May 2007 and spent soem time with Vilals and Rahul Bhat. We celebrated Villa's birthday on 30 May. 2007. I do not recollect conducting any important surveillance. I did some general videography of the city during the period. I was in regular touch with Dr. Rana.
70. Arrival in Pakistan and visits to USA and Morocco: I returned from Mumbai and met Major Iqbal and Sajid Majid separately in Lahore and Muzaffarabad respectively. I gave the videos firest to Major Iqbal and then sajid Majid. Interestingly, some of the photgraphs were present in the memory stick that I had given to Sajid. Sajid had digitally blackened the face of Faiza in the computer for which I got appreciation from Zaki. Zaki appreciated my giving him the covered photographs of my wife to him following the true salafi tradition.
71. I left Lahore on 23 July, 2007 and went to USA. I spent a day with Farid and the next day I flew to Morocco to meet my wife Faiza. I remained in Morocco form 24 July, 2007 to 3 August, 2007. I flew from Casablanca by the Emirates Airlines and reached Lahore on 4 August, 2007.
72. I had visited Chicago and applied for the multiple visa to India. This was given to me on and around the end of July 2007.
73. Return to Pakistan before fifth visit to India: Upon my return to Lahore, I met Major Abdur Rehman Hashim and Major Haroon. As I have mentioned earlier, Abdur Rehman developed some serious differences with Zaki after his Nepal visit. Abdur Rehman had visited Nepal with the funds given by LeT. However, he did not discuss the Nepal met up with LeT, which resulted in Abdur Rehman's quitting LeT. Once in the past Abdur Rehman, Abu Dujana, Haroon and I in my house had discussed the assassination plan of President Musharraf. This was reported by Abu Dujana to Zaki. Zaki had shown his anger to us for making such discussion. Major Haroon had also developed differences wit Zaki. In fact, Major Haroon and Captain Haroon had distributed pamphlets against Zaki. There was also a strong rumour that Zaki would be replaced by ISI as the military chief of LeT. However, it did not happen.
74. During this period, I realized that Captain Khurram had died on 30 March, 2007 in a drone attack by the Canadian force in Afghanistan. I remember the date as my son was also born on the same day. Major Adbur Rehman was present when this happened. He remained unmoved and fought. Then subsequently, they buried the body of Captain Khurram. He informed Major Haroon about the death of Captain Khurram.
75. After the Lal Masjid incident, I met Major Haroon and Abdur Rehman Hashim in Lahore. The Lal Masjid episode was criticized. It showed the helplessness of the Pakistani government on the one hand and on the other hand, it showed the commitment within Pakistan to fight the dictates of the Crusader forces who tarnish the faith of Muslims and subject them to torture and exploitation. It endorsed the activities of Abdur Rehman and Haroon. The battle which Pakistan needed to flight no longer remained ambiguous. Captain Khurram, who once as a young captain while in UK volunteered to fight against Indians in Kargil, left the army and joined Mujahideens to fight the crusader force in Afghanistan, finally attained martyrdom. I was eager to contribute to the cause. I slowly started realizing different battles that Zaki and Abrud Rehman were fighting.
76. During the period Abrud Rehman requested me to conduct the surveillance of the NDC in Delhi for his outfit. he also narrated his experience of travel to India with Sajid Majid in April, 2005.
77. This time, Major Iqbal requested me to conduct surveillance of Pune. He gave me some counterfeit Indian currency to try and use them in India. Sajid was very clear in his mind. He wanted that I should conduct further extensive reconnaissance of Hotel Taj in Mumbai.
78. Fifth/sixth visit to India in September 2007: I came from Lahore and landed in Delhi. From the airport, I took a taxi for the Claridges Hotel located near NDC. I conducted the reconnaissance of the NDC. I did not conduct any videography of the NDC. I did not stay in Delhi. In the same evening, I took a flight from Delhi and reached Mumbai.
79. I reached Mumbai on 4 September, 2007. During this period, I conducted an extensive survey of various entries and exit points of Hotel Taj. I also conducted reconnaissance of jewellery shop "Jazdar" in the Hotel Taj. The Shiv Sena Bhawan was extensively videographed. I also visited the house of Bala Saheb Thackeray and talked to some of the guards present in the perimeter security. I took the videos of Villas and Rahul also. I do not recollect on which date I went to Pune. However I am sure that during this period I had gone to Pune and covered some army installations in the city. This was my first visit to Pune. In the subseqent years, I would visit this city twice.
80. I went to Lahore for the celebration of Eid without the knowledge of any of my handlers. I stayed in Lahore for four/five days and then returned to Mumbai.
81. I did not visit any other place outside Mumbai during this phase. I had not gone to Jaipur during this phase. I tried to become close to Rajram Rege, the Shiv Sena PRO. I took him out for lunch also. I did videography of Rajram Rege. I visited the Willington gold course with Villas to get a membership. It did not materialize. However, I took the video footage of Willington golf course. I had brough a gold kit from Pakistan where I used to go to the Garrison gold course in Lahore (where I was being coached on the game.) This is the same gold kit that I left with Villas before leaving India.
82. I understand til the end of this visit, LeT had a limited plan to attack the Hotel Taj in Mumbai during the time of the annual conference. Often, Sajid would discuss with me the option of sending one or two attackers through Nepal or Bangladesh route to carry out the attack in Hotel Taj.
83. Return to Pakistan: Upon my return to Pakistan, like the past practice, I met Major Iqbal in the safe hose (fourth location). I gave him the videos of Pune. The videos of Pune were of not more than twenty five minutes to half an hour's duration. He copied the videos and returned the memory stick to me. We saw some of the Pune videos together. Major Iqbal gave me his assessment on the movement of the force on the basis of their insignia and dresses captured by me.
84. During this time, I could not meet Major Haroon. However, I could meet Abrud Rehman at Pasha on a couple of occasions and discussed the Taj Hotel and other places for attacks with him. I gave him a briefing on the NDC, Delhi.
85. I reached Muzaffarabda. Sajid and Abu Anas recieved at the bus stand. I stayed there for five to six days. We discussed the Taj Hotel and NDC. Sajid did not show any interest in Pune. We saw a lot of videos of Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and some very old videos of Osama bin Laden. Abu Qahafa made serious efforts in plotting all the places near Taj Hotel on the "Google Earth". We did a comprehensive study on "Goggle Earth" to conduct the reconnaissance of Hotel Taj.
86. During this period I met Zaki also in Muzaffarabad. I had dinner with him. My country, Pakistan was undergoing an identity crisis in the wake of the happenings in Afghanistan and FATA areas of Pakistan. A debate had begun among the terrorist outfits as to whether to fight in Kashmir or in Afghanistan. The "clash of ideology" led to splits in many of the outfits. The decision of Abdur Rehman and Haroon to split from LeT and fight in Afghanistan was part of this trend. Zaki had a serious problem in holding the LeT and convincing them to fight for Kashmir and against India.
87. Zaki would always justify jihad in Kashmir on the grounds that:
(a). The ratio of deployment of force in Kashmir vis-a-vis the general population is one of the highest. So it becomes legitamate to fight the occupations forces in Kashmir.
(b). The Lashkar-e-Toiba is closer to the Kashmir situation and population than Afghanistan. It can perform jihad better in Kashmire than Afghansitan. Over the years LeT has been able to get a name for it, which may not be easy to replicate in Afghanistan.
(c). Since Kashmire is the nearest to the LeT camps it becomes imperative to liberate Kashmir from the clutches of the occupational force.
88. I understand the ISI was under tremendous pressure to stop any integration of Kashmir based Jihadi organizations with the Taliban based out fits. It is always in the interest of ISI to keep these two sets of outfits, poles apart. So Zaki was only reiterating the ISI's official line. However, the aggression and commitment to jihad shown by the several splinter groups in Afghanistan influenced many committed fighters to leave Kashmir centric outfits and join the Taliban category of outfits. I understand this compelled the LeT to consider a spectacular terrorist strike in India. The ISI, I believe had no ambiguity in understanding the necessity to strike India. It essentially would serve Three purposes. They are (a) controlling further spilt in the Kashmir based outfits. (b) providing them a sense of achievement and (c) shifting and minimizing the theatre of violence from the domestic soil of Pakistan to India.
89. I understand this accelerated the Mumbai attack project. Earlier it was a limited plan to attack only Taj Hotel in Mumbai with a couple of attackers like it used to happen earlier . But now it seemed to be a grand plan of LeT to strike Mumbai at multiple locations with multiple attackers.
90. Meeting with Sajid in Rawalpindi: This time instead of Muzaffarabad . I was told by Sajid to come and meet him in Rawalpindi. I reached Pindi. Abu Hamza had come on a motor cycle to pick me up from the bus stand. I came to Pindi the day Benazir Bhutto was assassinated. This safe house of LeT is located near the Ayub Colony in Rawalpindi. We had some serious discussions on attacking the Taj hotel. We also discussed Benazir's assassination and its impact on the future of Pakistan. I recollect that all of them were praying that Benazir should not survive this attack. I met Abu Anas, Abu Hamza and Sajid in This Rawalpindi house. I had some personal problems so I left Rawalpindi after a couple of day's stay in that house. I believe during this time Zaki met a couple of the LeT operatives who had escaped from India. I do not have any information on the Rampur attack on the CRPF camp that took place on the January, 2008.
91. On and around February 2008 I again visited Pindi on the request of Sajid. I took a taxi and reached Barakahu, Pindi. Sajid met me at the Barakahu chowk. This time he took me to a different safe house. I met Abu Anas and Abu Qahafa at this safe house. I was told that Abu Anas is the in -charge of this safe house.During my stay in this safe house, I also met Abu Alaqama. I stayed for two days in the safe house.
92. Before coming to Pindi, Major Iqbal had briefed me. I had continued the activities with the trainer provided by Major Iqbal in Lahore. Major Iqbal had given me a Sony Ericson mobile phone with camera. He also taught me how to operate the instrument. This phone can continuously do video recording. Papu of Nepal whose son is in India, is an important component of Abdur Rehman's set up. I do not have any information about Papu.
93. On and around March 2008, when the FIA building was attacked, I was in Pindi . I do not recollect anything significant being discussed during this meeting . Abu Anas was available in the safe house. The same day, Sajid and I left by bus for Muzaffarabad. Abu Qahafa had come to receive us. We went to Sajid's house in Muzaffarabad. There was a meeting fixed. which was held in Zaki's place. Initially Sajid was not interested in taking me to this meeting but he changed his plan . In this meeting Zaki, Muzzammil, Sajid and Abu Qahafa were present. I met a crean shaven person with a crew cut hair style in his mid-thirties is this meeting. He was introduced to me as Abdur Rehman (frogman) and I was introduced to him as Abdul Qadir. I understand that the frogman was from the Pakistan navy. They had discussed various landing options along the coast of Mumbai. Zaki wanted to carry out the transportation of attackers with help of the frogman in this meeting . The "sea chart" brought by the frogman was discussed . Different landing options were discussed. There was a plan to drop the attackers somewhere, 60/70 kms away from the Mumbai city in order to avoid detection. But Zaki had reservations. The frogman told them that the sea becomes rough after the month of June. So he said that all the planning would need to be completed before June.
94. On the Second day of the meeting Abdur Rehman( frogman) told me to check the position of the naval vessels on the Indian side so as to avoid a gun fight before entering the Indian sea limits. After this meeting, I had never seen the frogman again. Zaki wanted me to explore the entry to Mumbai through the Taj Hotel side.
95. I stayed in this location for some more time. Sajid provided me with and old used GPS of Garmin Company. It had a yellow cover on it. Sajid and Abu Qahafa tought me how to use the Gps instrument . I learnt ho to use of the GPS . I can identify the GPS which I used.
96. Upon my return from Muzaffarabad, I met Major Iqbal . He was already aware of the transportation of attackers to Mumbai through sea routes. He discussed the possibility of taking an Indian boat for this purpose. He also suggested taking a large quantity or arms and ammunition and dumping them in India. According to Major Iqbal, the sea-route option and use of boat happens only once in a while . So he believed that the full preparation for and utilization of this trip should be made.
97. For this visit Major Iqbal asked me to explore the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (here is after BARC) in Mumbai especially its staff colony as a target. As I said earlier he gave me the mobile Phone camera during this trip. Major Iqbal had also given me some counterfeit money for circulation / use in India. Sajid had given me Rs. 40,000 Pakistani currency for this trip.
98. Visit to India for reconnaissance of the landing sites for the attackers in April 2008(Seventh visit to India): I reached Hotel Outram as Mrs. Kiripalini had some problems with the paying guests in Mumbai. I met Abdullah in Hotel Outram. On that day itself I took a taxi and went to the BARC, which I believe is one of the largest residential areas in Asia. I videographed this entire area. In the evening I had food at the Indigo restaurant.
99. I conducted four boat rides at different places for the reconnaissance of the landing sites.
(a) The same evening, I took a boat ride from the Taj/Applobunder area. That was the first boat ride I took in Mumbai. Since it was getting dark, I could not see much. It was tourist boat. I took the ticket in front of the Taj Hotel.
(b) On and around 10 April 2008, I took the second boat ride from the marine drive area. Around 8:30 PM in the evening on the same day I took the boat ride. This ride was also not very useful. I had a conversation with one of the boat men and took his address and telephone number for an exclusive boat ride.
(c) The next day, i.e., 11 April 2008, I went to Cuffe Parade area, the place where finally the attackers landed. I found a number of fishermen present in that area. I talked to a person who stays near a temple in that locality . He told me to come the next morning at 3am for the boat ride. I took his telephone number and left the place . The next morning i.e., 12 April 2008, at 3 am I reached the place and took the boat ride. We went almost six km from the seashore. I found this trip productive as was convinced that this would be the right place for the landing of the attackers. On 14 April 2008, I went to Cuffe Parade again and talked to the fisherman. I went to his house which is located very near a small temple . I do not recollect the name of the person. However I can identify him. He introduced me with a boy. I took his telephone number again and told him that some college students would contact him the possible visit of the attackers to this place. I had subsequently given this fisherman's telephone number to Sajid. During my trip, I plotted the coordinates in the GPS.
(d) I took the next boat ride from the Worli area. I recollect paying Rs.2000 for this ride. This ride was not very useful. I got some fish caught during this boat ride which I had given to Mrs. Kripalini.
100. Apart from the boat -rides, I conducted reconnaissance of VT railway station and a bus station near VT. I recollect of taking videos of the Mumbai Central Railway Station.
101. Return to Pakistan after the seventh visit to India in August 2008: Upon my return to Pakistan, I met Major Iqbal in Lahore at the fourth location . I handed over the videos / memory sticks to him. The BARC videos were handed over only to Major Iqbal. I did not handover the same videos to Sajid. The egress points for the attackers were discussed. Major Iqbal suggested that I set up a safe house in Mumbai.
102. I went to Rawalpindi to meet Sajid. Sajid had undergone plastic surgery during this period. I met Sajid, Abu Alaqama were not present during this meeting. I met Zaki in the evening . He had come in his Toyota vehicle. I did not see the sense of urgency in them for the attack which I had seen before going to Mumbai. However, Zaki told me that he could see this thing happening. I did not mention anything on BARC to them. Abu Qahafa plotted the way points in the GPS in his laptop all the locations that I had plotted.
104. One of my friends, Adim Aziz who subsequently died of heart attack, was in Chicago. I have used his flats and telephone numbers in USA. His family, after his death was shifted to Pakistan.
105. I discussed my reconnaissance activities with Dr. Rana. Dr. Rana told me about a bilateral agreement mentioning that non use of force on each other's nuclear installations exists between India and Pakistan. This discussion was made in the light of the surveillance of BARC mentioned by me. During this period I was in touch with Sajid through emails. Sajid wanted some books on Mossad, to read. Major iqbal had also requested for a spy pen fitted with a camera. I used to get mails from Raja Ram Rege during this period. I returned to Pakistan with my aunty(Farid's mother).
106. Return to Pakistan in June 2008: Upon my return on 7 June, 2008 I contacted Abdur Rehman Hashim. I was getting frustrated as nothing concrete in terms of action was taking place in the LeT. Abdur Rehman gave me some books to read. The book of Abdul Azam,"Immam ki bad" really influence me Abdul Azam is considered as the father of modern jihad.
107. After some days, I got a call from Sajid. I met Sajid, Abu Qahafa and Abu Anas. The tagets were again discussed. During this meeting. Chabad House was not discussed . It was dedicated that the sea route would be used to go to Mumbai. This would be done on and around September,2008. Sajid stressed on the egress route for the attackers. Sajid directed me to take a stock of the train timings in the VT for the egress of the attackers.
108. After meeting Sajid, I met Major Iqbal in Lahore. I told Major Iqbal about Sajid's plan.
109. On and around the third week of June,2008. Sajid again contacted me. I was given to understand that I had to go very soon to Mumbai. Some more targets were also discussed like Taj Presidency, World Trade Centre. Naval Air Station,Siddhi Vinayak temple, Chabad House, Maharashtra Police station, State Assembly Building, EI AL Airlines office. Bombay Stock Exchange and Radio Club etc. This is the first time when Chabad house was discussed. I met Zaki also . Zaki was convinced by Sajid on the landing sites. I was very impressed to know that Chabad House had been put as target . Sajid, as I understand is a "Saudi salafi". They consider the jewish people as the number one target when I told Abdur Rehman Hashim that Chabad House was a target he expressed his satisfaction over the matter. He told me to insist on the LeT to target the Chabad House in Mumbai. I was given the same GPS by Abu Qahafa to use during this trip of mine. Sajid was very particular on the egress of the attackers. They planned that the attachers should be able to take some north Indian bound train or bus so that they could reach Kashmir and remained there. Later on, when I met Major Iqbal he also emphasized on the egress option for the attackers.
110. I met Major Iqbal in Lahore I told him about the Chabad House. He was very happy to know that Chabad house had been chosen as a target. Major Iqbal told me to close the office in Mumbai and explore for an office in Delhi. I believe Major Iqbal had talked to Dr. Rana on this subject . Dr. Rana also told me to close the office in Mumbai.
111. I met Abdur Rehman @ Pasha before my departure . I had discussed the entire plan with Pasha. He was very particular on the Chabad House as target. I had told my brother Hamza and my uncle Saulat Rana about my visits to India. Hamza and Saulat knew that I was working with ISI. Iqbal had also given me money for immigration business.
112. Eighth visit to India (01/07/2008 to 31/07/2008): In July 2008, I returned to Mumbai. I finalized the surveillance of the Taj Hotel, the Naval Air Station, Police Headquarters, the State Assembly building, El Al Airlines office, Siddhi Vinayak Temple, Chabad House and Mumbai Stock Exchange and so on. I also covered the Blue Synagogue, CBI office at Tana house, Leopold restaurant, Colaba police station, Delhi Darbar, Israeli Consulate, DN Road and Trident Hotel. I had not gone inside the Blue Synagogue. I purchased the wrist bands for the attackers from the siddivinayak temple during this trip . I covered the VT Railway Station and the bus stand to plot the exact egress plans for the attackers. I revisited the Cuffe Parade area to assess the landing sites. However, I did not take a boat ride on this occasion. I also tried to assess these targets from the perspective of a strong hold option. I plotted all these locations on the GPS given by Sajid.
113. During this trip of mine I also went to Pune for a day. I went to the Osho Ashram. I bought a gown from the Osho A shram. I returned to Mumbai on the same day. I believe I had purchased two memory sticks from a shop near a book shop in the general area of Hotel Qutram.
114. During this stay, Major Iqbal tried to contact me on mobile phone towards the end of July 2008 . Eventually Major Iqbal talked to Dr. Rana in USA . Dr. Rana used to refer to Major Iqbal as BALA.
115. Major Iqbal used to call up from a phone number with a 646 area code (NY City) . I had received one call from this number while I was in Pakistan. During my India visit also I also recollect that I had received a call from Major Iqbal from the same number. I do not know the technology behind this call of Major Iqbal.
116. Return to Pakistan in August 2008: I reached Lahore from Mumbai. I met Major Iqbal in the same safe house where we usually have been meeting all these days. I briefed him on the chabad house, Naval Air Station and the Police HQrs of Maharashtra etc. I did not hand over the GPS system to him. Major Iqbal only took the memory sticks from me
117. I met Abdur Rehman in his house. We saw the videos which I had got from Mumbai. Abdur Rehman's house has a computer with broad band internet connection. My home had a dial-up connection. I used to browse on the internet in the house of Abdur Rehman.
118. I went to Muzaffarabad to meet Sajid. Sajid had personally come to receive me . He had come in the car of Muzzammil . We went to the same house where I had met the frogman earlier. Sajid's family was present in the house. Sajid told me that Abu Qahafa was training the attackers on the same campus. We discussed the VT train schedules and the bus timings to exercise the egress options. Sajid told me that he had dropped two/three boys from the training . I understood that ultimately ten attackers were being trained.
119. The next day, Abu Qahafa came and met me. He loaded the GPS in his laptop and plotted the GPS entries/ readings in separate folders in his computer. We together saw some of the video footage that I had taken during the July 2008 Mumbai trip. Sajid asked me about the Blue Synagogue. I told him that Israelis did not go to the Blue Synagogue. It was frequented by the Indian Jews only. He further asked me that why I did not go inside the Chabad House. I told him it was a very small establishment and would serve the purpose of the stronghold. We also discussed about the Jewellery shop in Taj. There was a plan to loot the shop and use the jewellery for fund raising. I do not know how serious they were with regard to the plan of looting the jewellery shop. I could also understand that they were preparing two sets of targets depending on the landing timings of the attackers. If the attackers reach during the day time then Mumbai Police HQrs would be a target Sajid was very happy to see the wrist bands that I had taken from the Siddhi Vinayak temple as he liked my idea. I did not see Muzzammil during this trip.
120. A meeting of LeT's top hierarchy (Sura of Zaki) headed by Zaki was held during this time . I was in the same campus. I presume Zaki, Yaqub, Saeed, Abu Alaqama, Abu Qahafa, Sajid and Abu Samas were present at this meeting . I was not taken inside as Sajid did not want to expose me in front of Yaqub.During the meeting, Sajid would often come and seek clarifications from me.
121. Sajid had shown me the photographs of all the attackers. One of the attackers who died at the Trident Hotel was Abu Qahafa's maternal uncle's son. I recollect being shown the photographs of Abu Ismail and Kasab.
122. I could gather Abu Saeed had some reservation on the Chabad house attack. According to Abu Saeed, it would unnecessarily add another enemy which might be a problem for the LeT in future.
123. I met Major Iqbal in Lahore. Major Iqbal questioned the training of the attackers as none of them had combat experience. He also suggested that capturing of an Indian boat was the most plausible option available to sail to Mumbai.
124. I met Abdur Rehman and discussed the outcome of the meeting. Abdur Rehman was visibly upset to know the debates over attack on the Chabad House.
125. I went to Muree with my family. I got back from Muree the day President Musharraf handed over charge to Asif Zardari (18 August 2008). During my stay in Muree, I got a SMS from Sajid asking the details about the VT station. We exchanged some SMSs on this topic.
126. Upon my return from Muree, I went to Muzaffarabad and met Sajid. During this period, I suffered from fever. They took me to a doctor . Abu Qahafa was present with me along with Sajid. I insisted on the Chabad House attack. The stronghold option was also discussed. The egress option slowly appeared to be difficult . The stronghold option took precedence over the egress option. Zaki, by this time, was more in favour of a stronghold option than egress option for the attackers. Abu Qahafa also supported the strong hold option. The LeT I believe was giving the lectures to the attackers on faisaili shaheed and faisaili jihad.
127. I returned to Lahore . After some days I came to know that Sajid had been shifted to Muridke. I Understood that the attackers had been shifted to Muridke. During this period Hafiz Saeed, Bhutti, Nasar Javed and Abdur Rehman Maki would regularly go to Muridike and take classes of the attackers. One Indian possibly from Maharashtra who was considered as an asset was finally dropped as Sajid wanted to use him elsewhere. I have no knowledge as to what happened to this Indian boy. I am sure he was not part of the Mumbai attackers' group.
128. During Sajid's stay in Lahore, I discussed the attack on VT with him. I said the possibility of a lot of muslims getting killed in this action was very high. He rejected the proposition by telling that we would attack the station during "iftaari" time. Thus making it highly improbable for Muslims to be killed.
129. During my last stay in Muzaffarabad we had come to Pindi to buy backpacks for the attackers . These were Chinese back packs. Abu Anas was then in Pindi at the safe house.
130. During the discussion for the boat ride, I had suggested the use of vests for safety . In fact the vests only saved all the attackers during the first attempt which failed some time in September 2008.
131. On and around August 2008, on the direction of Sajid I went to Wagha border to check the cell phone connectivity of one of the SIM cards which the attackers would use in Mumbai. I recollect it was an Indian SIM card of Vodafone Company . I do not recollect the number of the SIM card in the Wagha area. Wagha is a thirty munutes drive from Lahore.
132. On 8, September 2008 I shifted my family to USA . Dr. Rana's family received my family in Chicago . My wife Shazia and four children started staying in Azim's house. They still stay in the same house.
133. Meanwhile my wife, Faiza Outalha went and met Hafiz Saeed in early September. Before this, also she whould meet senior officials in police set up and create problems for me . I was taken into the Lahore police custody on her complaint. I was in the Race Course police station for eight days. My father-in -Law ( Shazia's Father) got me bailed out. Major Iqbal had also helped me this case.
134. Hafiz Saeed wanted me to reconcile with Faiza. I told him since I had been busy with Let's operational activities it would be difficult for me to concentrate on Faiza's issue, which he agreed. Hafiz Saeed during this discussion told me that the Shiv Sena Chief,Bal Thackeray needed to be taught a lesson. I requested to be given six months time to complete my work on Bal Thackeray. However, I had found Hafiz Saeed really guarded and diplomatic in his conversations. He would never align himself to any direct conversation on LeT's action plan. This meeting did not yield any result on Faiza's relations with me.
135. Meanwhile I had met Zaki in Muzaffarabad . I also met Abdur Rehman and informed him that the Chabad house would be one of the targets in Mumbai.
136. Sajid and the attackers left for Karachi by train after some days. I did not hear anything from Sajid for some days.
137. On and around the middle of October, 2008 I met Sajid in Lahore . Sajid mentioned that they had made an attempt during Ramzan which failed. The boat hit rock and the attackers had to remain in the water for some time. This boat they had purchased after paying Rs. Lakhs. It was because of their vests that they survived . They were brought to me seashore in another boat. Sajid did not confirm the presence of the frogman during this episode . The weapons were in another boat. Sajid told me that Zaki had gone to Mecca to pray for the success of the attack.
138. During this period, once Sajid and Major Iqbal and Sajid came together to my home. We discussed about the Denmark project. The legal system of Denmark was discussed at this meeting. No discussion on Mumbai was discussed at this meeting . I wanted to name it the "Mickey Mouse Project" . However Sajid did not like this name . He named it "Northern Project".
139. Though Sajid said there would be second attempt for Mumbai in October and Yaqoob was trying to rent a boat, it seemed to me that Mumbai mission was more or less over. Yakoob had been made the in- Charge of naval wing of LeT. Sajid said that the boys were depressed and Zaki would be meeting them to lift their sprits.
140. I met Abdurrahman and told him about failed attack. Abdurrahman told me that this was a signal from god that god was not happy with LeT. He told me that he knew somebody who had contacts with Al-Qaeda and he wanted me to work for him. I agreed.
141. After this meeting, Sajid went to Karachi. I did not have any telephonic contact with him. On and around 7,November 2008 I went to Karachi on a personal business trip to complete some work for of Jahangir (my partner). I stayed at Hotel Holiday Inn in Lahore. During this visit I met Sajid in Karachi. Sajid told me that the second attempt to capture an Indian boat failed. They took a boat on rent by paying five lakh rupees. They went at night . As they approached the Indian boat, the crew became conscious and started steering the boat away. There was exchange of fire also.
142. Sajid gave a pen drive containing some information on Denmark. It was mostly the open source research conducted on Denmark. It had information about Denmark and photographs of Flemming Rose and Kurt westergaard, the cartoonist and the editor of the paper. In Karachi we met at the Mac Donald restaurant. Sajid was also upset as Abu Alaqama, Abu Yaqub and others used to interfere in the Mumbai attack project. He became skeptical as he started believing that the secrecy of the operation would get compromised. I believe Sajid was present in Karachi till the end of the Mumbai attack. I had never gone to the safe house in Karachi. I returned to Lahore. Sajid had given me 3000 euro for the Denmark reconnaissance.
143. Since Abdur Rehman wanted to give a direction to his business, he met Dr. Rana on and around 24 November, 2008 in Dubai. Abdur Rehman, as discussed earlier with me, proposed to Dr. Rana to marry the widow of Captain Khurram Haroon. This proposal was under consideration till the arrest of Dr. Rana. His visit to Dubai and meeting with Dr. Rana had no relation with the Mumbai attack.
144. On and around September 2008. I had once got a SMS from Sajid mentioning that, the dice had been cast.
145. Sajid had once told me to pay some money to someone in New York for the communication . However he never gave the address of that person to me.
146. On 26 November, 2008 I got an SMS from Sajid's Zong mobile to my Warid mobile asking me to switch on the TV. I switched on the TV and saw the telecast of the Mumbai attack. I forwarded the same message to Abdur Rehman . I watched the attack on the GEO TV and CNN. I had exchanged mails with my wife Shazia on the same issues.
147. I met Sajid after the attack in Lahore . He was looking tired. I met him at my house. Sajid told me that the landing sites chosen by me were used. Sajid informed me that explosives were also used so to cause confusion among the Indian response forces. I did not know that the explosives to be used and this was first time Sajid told me that Abu Qahafa had trained the boys in grenades. He added that one of the groups of the attackers did not use the strong hold option at the VT staion and they had hijacked the car and killed serior police officers . He was confused with the person who was arrested. According to Sajid. Abu Ismail was arrested. Subsequently, we found it was not Abu Ismail but Kasab, who was arrested. Sajid told me that he had instructed the attackers over phone. He added that they also tried to get the arrested attacker released in exchange with some people held hostages in Chabad House. In the LeT control room Abu Alaqama, Abu Qahafa and Sajid Mir were present. In my understanding, the person who was negotiating in the Nariman House from the LeT control room was Sajid.
148. I had met Sajid on and around February, 2009 in Pindi. We were in Sajid's car. Sajid's made me hear the audios of the Mumbai attack. I could identify three voices from the audio: those of Abu Qahafa, Abu Alaqama and Sajid. Sajid played a video of General Ashok Mehta and also of the Mumbai video where along with others Sajid was instructing the attackers from the Karachi control room. I heard Sajid's voice and he was instructing the attacker in the Chabad house to kill the women. The person who was talking to attackers at Taj was Abu Alqama. His Taqia Kalam ( Oft repeated word) is Mera Veer ( my brother) and he was using it. I heard Alqama saying something about the bucket (Balti). The third voice was of Abu Qahafa. Abu Qahafa was addressing the attackers and was telling them that the entire Ummah was looking up to the them (attackers)
149. After the Mumbai attack Zaki was arrested and kept in Udial jail. The ISI DG, Sujja Pasha had visited him to understand the Mumbai attack conspiracy. Zaki gets home -made food in the jail and his family members and other members of LeT regularly meet him. Sajid had claimed before me that he had met Zaki when the later was in the jail.
150. I recall Dr. Rana describing Sajid as khalid Bin Waleed after he heard Sajid's voice in the audio tape containing the Mumbai attack. Sajid had talked telephonically to Dr. Rana and thanked him for his support in the Mumbai attack.
151. Beginning of the conspiracy to attack Chabad Houses in India: My father expired on 25 December,2008. I could not come to Pakistan then. I was in US. The PM of Pakistan had come to pay his condolences on my father's demise to our house.
152. The Denmark project was a matter of concern for both Sajid and Abdur Rehman . In the month of Feb, 2009 I mostly remained in Pakistan. I had gone to Germany on 15 January, 2009 and returned to Lahore on 25 January, 2009 . During my stay in Pakistan, I met Illyas kashmiri in FATA region . Abdur Rehman had taken me to Illyas kashmiri's place. Two other persons accompanied us in this visit. They were Nawaz and Ijaz. Nawaz was an old friend of Abdur Rahman and I got the impression that he had worked with LeT in the past. Ijaz was my friend from the Abdalian. Ijaz belonged to Tabligi jamat and I took him to Kashmiri to get him indoctrinated into jihad we traveled to Miranshah area and went into a house . Kashmiri came later. He congratulated me on the Mumbai attacks. Ijaz had retired from Air force Illiyas kashimri knew Izaz's brother who happened to be an ISI agent. The task of reconnaissance of the Chabad Houses in India was given to me.
153. Upon our return Abdur Rehman gave me additional information about my trip. He asked me to survey Chabad Houses and Raksha Bhawan in Delhi. I was also told to survey a house in Goa where Israeli soldiers come for a holiday and Osho temple in Pune. I could make out that the Abdur Rehman was more interested in India. Abdur Rehman gave me Rs.55000 and paid for my air travel.
154. As I was concerned about my safety I emailed my will to Tahawwur Rana. I was in contact with Rana during this period . I told Rana to open a shared email account in order to pass the information. I told Rana about Abdur Rehman's connection with Illyas Kashmiri and AlQaeda.
155. Final trip to India- March 2009: Accordingly, I took the list of the Chabad Houses in India. I reached Delhi and conducted reconnaissance of chabad Houses in places like Delhi, Puskhar, Goa, and Pune. I came to Delhi on 7 March,09 . I stayed in Pahadganj. I stayed in hotel International . I went to Chabad house and took videos of all three entry points to Pahadganj area. This time I had a new camera given to me by my brother -in-law. The same camera was seized by the FBI during my arrest. I changed my hotel to Anand Hotel because International hotel was charging a huge amount. Next day I visited India Gate. I videographed Vice President's house, Sena Bhawan and National Defence College. I made extensive footage of Israeli embassy and entries to NDC. I surveyed routes from Raksha Bhawan to NDC . There were two routes from Raksha Bhawan and NDC. I found out that the bus which takes trainee officers from Raksha Bhawan to NDC had very minimal security and it seemed to me as a very vulnerable target. I spoke to Rana from NDC . I tried to email the contents of my video to Rana but I could not do it. I went to two cyber Café in Pahadganj. One of the employees of a cyber café tried to help me in uploading the videos but he could not do it. Pahadganj seems to me as likely target and I had made extensive videos of it.
156. On the night of 10th of March I went to Pushkar. I took a bus from Pahadganj . The ticket was arranged by the person who was either manager or owner of Hotel International. I reached Pushkar next morning and checked into a hotel. The hotel was near Chabad house . I changed the room which was allotted to me previously and moved to a room which gave a direct view of Chabad house. While I was roaming around Pushkar I saw a Hindu funeral. I made the videos of the funeral . Near the cremation ground I met an Israeli couple and a lady. I befriended them and we had lunch together. I made extensive videos of the Chabad house. I also accessed my email from the internet café of my hotel. My Israeli friends gave me address of one Fatima who owns a guest house in Goa.
157. From Pushkar I went to Jaipur by road and then took a flight to Goa. From the airport I straight went Anjuna beach and looked around for the Chabad house. The Chabad house did not seem to be very impressive to me still I made videos of the same . From there I went to Armabole and checked into Fatima's guest house. The Israeli house in Armabole, which Abdur Rehman had mentioned was an old building painted purple . I did not find anybody in the building and it was locked I made a detailed video of the Israeli house and people around told me that very few Israelis visited this place.
158. I took a bus from Goa to Pune . In Pune I stayed in hotel Surya villa which is 500 metres from the Chabad house. I went to Osho ashram. I had worn a gown which I had purchased in my previous visit. I made detailed videos of Osho ashram from outside and the Chabad house. I also surveyed and graphed the entire koregoan area including German Bakery. I took some pamphlets which were written in Hebrew and I gave it to Pasha when I returned home.
159. From Pune I went to Mumbai and spoke with Mrs. Bharucha. I also went to the reliance byber café and accessed my mail. I gave some money to the cyber café person so my account there would remain alive. I went to see a movie in the same theatre which I had visited in 2008 . After the movie I went Bashir's house and took some stuff from the luggage. Bashir told me that his immigration to Canada was almost through.
160. I came back to Lahore and met Abdur Rehman at his house. I gave him the reconnaissance videos and we discussed each and every target in detail. I told Abdur Rehman that we could kill more Indian Military Officers in an attack on National Defence College than had been killed in all the wars between India and Pakistan. I had told the same thing to Rana when I talked to him from India. I briefed Abdur Rehman on the security of NDC and told him Mumbai type stronghold would hold good for this place. Abdur Rehman agreed with me. Abdur Rehman was not in favour of a suicide attack as he thought that this was done by people who don't have fresh ideas. We also discussed Raksha Bhawan I told him that attack on Raksha Bhawan would not be effective as everybody stayed inside. While videographing the route from Raksha Bhawan. I had also videographed the outer boundary of Prime Minister's residence. Abdurrahman was not interested in Raksha Bhawan. Abdurrahman told me that a man from Rawalpindi was ready to carry out the attack but he had trouble to get visa in India. He added that his visa application was turned down because he had long beard. Abdur Rehman told him to shave his beard and he had reapplied for visa.
161. We also discussed about Delhi Chabad house but Abdurrahman seemed to be more interested in the NDC. Abdurrahman hinted to me that his setup in Nepal would also help him. Abdurrahman had been to Nepal at least twice in 2005 -2006 when he was with Lashkar. Abdurrahman had a setup in eastern part of Nepal which had sizable Muslim population. I got an impression there was close coordination between Karachi setup and Nepal setup both run by him. We also discussed Chabad Houses and temples in Pushkar.
162. I told Abdurrahman that best time to attack Pushkar is winter as there is a large number of tourists at this time. I also suggested to him we could hide the weapons in surrounding mountain.
163. I told Abdur Rehman that there was nothing in Goa. There was no to need to attack this place. We watched Goa videos together. Abdur Rehman kept asking the development in Mumbai investigation. We also looked up the locations of each target on Google earth on the computer of Abdur Rehman. When Abdur Rehman was arrested in July 2009. I came to know that his wife had disposed all the suspect material. After few days of meeting I met Sajid in Lahore. Sajid told me that the Denmark project was postponed as there was lot of pressure due to Mumbai investigations. I started having doubts regarding Sajid and LeT and agreed with Abdur Rehman that LeT was coward and pliable. I was mentally getting distanced from LeT. I told Sajid about the trip of India on the behalf of Abdur Rehman . Sajid did not believe it at the first instance and when I swore that I had gone, he became furious and asked me did I go I told him that Abdur Rehman was interested in NDC and he (Sajid) could also help. Sajid refused and said he was not interested at this movement. I did not tell Sajid about my visit to Illyas kashmiri and also requested Sajid not to tell Zaki about my trip to India. I had another meeting with Sajid in Rawalpindi. Sajid said haroon was arrested and he had revealed about LeT's role in Mumbai and ISI cooperation in it. Sajid asked me if I talked to Haroon about Mumbai attack, I told him that I had done it only after the attack. Sajid got angry . Later in a separate meeting Sajid told me that Zaki did not want me to work with Abdur Rehman. Sajid told me that Haroon had revealed about my recon in Mumbai and advised me not to stay in Lahore. I later asked Abdur Rehman about it and he said that Haroon had not revealed anything about me. During this period I also met Major Iqbal at my house. Iqbal told me not to contact him anymore as Mumbai investigation was getting bigger and hotter. Iqbal told me that the captured Mumbai attacker had revealed everything.
164. I discussed about Haroon with Abdur Rehman and he told me that Haroon had been arrested in an attempt to kidnap somebody. Haroon was also involved in kidnapping of a hindu film producer of Pakistan and also the murder of General Alvi and his driver. I knew Haroon was working with illyas kashmiri. Haroon had once asked me to survey a lawyer's house who could have been potential target for kidnapping. Abdur Rehman had given my Glock pistol to Haroon. This pistol was given to me by Sajid and I had requested Abdur Rehman to look for a buyer for it. Abdur Rehman apologized for it but I was very angry.
165. Meeting with Illyas kashmiri: On and around May, 2009, along with Saulat Mamu and Abdur Rehman, I went to meet Illyas kashmiri in FATA at Banu we changed the number plate of the car. We went to Miranshan to meet Illyas kashmiri. We went to an arms market where I found a lot of foreigners with arms ready to fight in Afghanistan. They include Uzbek, Chechen, Arab, Bosnian,Pakistani and Afgans etc. We waited for kashimiri to come at the same location as we had met the last time. He came in a jeep with his gun men. I could see a lot of suicide vests being prepared in this house. I was told that they were being prepared for some actions. We stayed in this location for one night . In the meeting with Illyas Kashmiri I was told to concentrate on the Denmark attack at the earliest. They even discussed a general attack on Copenhagen. Kashmiri and Abdur Rehman@ Pasha both adhere to Takfiri Ideology . Kashimiri gave me 1500$ and told me to go back to Denmark and take more videos. After couple of days we traveled back to Lahore.
166. After this, till my arrest I concentrated on the Denmark project. I was in regular touch with Abdur Rehman for the Denmark attack. Dr. Rana was also informed on our plan to attack . Dr. Rana was also informed on our plan to attack the newspaper in Denmark. I was in email as well as telephonic contact with Abdur Rehman. The outfit which Abdur Rehamn had formed is known as Jund -ul-fida.
167. Visit to USA in June 2009: I went to USA in June 2009, and met Rana I told Rana about my meetings with Kashmiri and my surveillance in India. Rana seemed pleased with my work in India. I was in touch with Abdur Rehman@ Pasha and Major Sameer Ali from US. Abdur Rehman@Pasha also used to talk me on telephone and we had e-mail contact also. In July 2009 Sajid again contacted me on e-mail. He used new email ID and contacted me on my e-mail. Sajid wrote to me that he had some new business plans and investments (attacks) for India. He also told me that this time the attacks would not be in Mumbai but other cities near Mumbai. He used the phrase Rahul's city for Mumbai.
168. On and around July 2009 Salaut called me and informed me about Abdur Rehman's arrest. Sajid also wrote to me that Hashim ( Abdurrahman) is with Haroon which meant Abdur Rehman also has been arrested. Sajid asked me about Abdur Rehman's number but I did not give it to him. Abdur Rehman had completely moved away from LeT in 2008. Rana and Sajid had talked to each other couple of times in the past. Once Sajid had called Rana to express gratitude for the help he had provided for Mumbai attacks.
169. Sajid wrote to me that Zaki (chacha) Hafiz Saeed (bada Chacha) both were in jail but were doing fine and Sajid had got clearance to launch another attack in India. I believe that Sajid's reference to 'near Rahul city' meant a city in Gujarat. In Feb 2009 Sajid had shown me a Google earth map of an oil refinery in Gujarat It was probably Reliance oil refinery and Sajid was keen to attack it. Sajid insisted that I go to India as soon as possible but I told him that I would only go after Ramzan. In August 2009. I went to England and met Bashrat (Passha) and Sufiyaan (Simon) in Derby. Both of them Basharat and Sufiyaan were from kotali area Pakistan area. They knew illyas kashmiri from before. Basharat did not have nice things to say about Illyas kashmiri. He told me that Illyas kashmiri's son was misusing the jihad money. They also gave me some money and said that only Sufiyaan was available for Denmark plot. From there I went to Sweden and met Farid at Stockholm. Pasha and Kashmiri had told me about Farid who was actually from Morocco. My second wife Faiza was also from Morocco. Abdur Rehman had written to me that the Swedish man was native of M2 country . M2 was a reference to my wife Faiza . Farid told me that he was being continuously watched and he was not available for Denmark and surveyed the newspaper office I also surveyed surroundings and also went to Aaharas. I videographed Aaharas office of the newspaper also . In Copenhagen I went to newspaper office and told them that I wanted to put an ad for my immigration business. I gave them my email account which was used by Rana. Rana had agreed that I could use the immigration business as cover up. I was in touch with Rana and with my first wife Shazia and Faiza through emails. I used to contact Shazia on the email account at haidergilani1@ hotmail.com and email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org was one of the emails used by Abdurrahman. The email used by Sajid was email@example.com One of the email addresses of Major Iqbal was firstname.lastname@example.org and the e-mail address used by Major Sameer Ali email@example.com . From Denmark I drove to Germany and took a flight to US from Frankfurt . I briefed Rana about my visit to US from Frankfurt. I briefed Rana about my visit to US, Sweden and Denmark Rana told me that he had replied to email sent by Iyllaids-posten on my behalf the email was regarding the advertisement of immigration business. I also wrote to Sajid about my visit to Germany and told him that I had gone there to buy some equipment for Rana's farm. I wrote to Sajid that I had got same gift for him which he understood as the surveillance videos. Sajid wrote to me that my trip to India had been cleared by Zaki and Hafiz Saab and things were favorable to visit India. I told Pasha that Sajid wanted me to go to India again at which Pasha was very surprised.
170. I had written to Pasha that for Denmark plot if stronghold option is not viable the we could use the suicide bombing. I had even volunteered myself for the attack.
171. On 3 October,2009 I was going to Pakistan to meet Abdur Rehman and Sajid when I was arrested from the airport. A camera mobile phone and some other stuff were recovered from my baggage.
172. The mobile phone with the SIM card used by me in India was seized from my possession by the FBI at the Chicago airport.
173. On being asked I truthfully mention that I have not spoken about my work given by either LeT or by major Iqbal or Illyas Kashmiri or by Abdur Rehman@ Pasha to any person in India during my various trip to your country. I was not given any operational work therefore there was no need to take the help of any friend or associates. sometime I committed small mistakes like speaking hindi, going to a mosque, going around with Faiza which could have exposed me. But luckily this did not happen.
174. On being asked I can identify the persons and locations I have mentioned to you in India, Pakistan, USA and Denmark.
175. On being asked the recording done by me are not available except with LeT or with Pasha or with the ISI. They might be keeping these in some computers. I can produce the camera of my mother in law which I used for my mission. My Sony Erricson phone is with FBI. I can identify the phone and also the GPS instrument I used in India.
<object id="doc_34588" name="doc_34588" height="760" width="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf" style="outline:none;" > <param name="movie" value="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf"> <param name="wmode" value="opaque"> <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"> <param name="FlashVars" value="document_id=56141070&access_key=key-d7jvfnw1b58jzrslgqr&page=1&viewMode=list"> <embed id="doc_34588" name="doc_34588" src="http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=56141070&access_key=key-d7jvfnw1b58jzrslgqr&page=1&viewMode=list" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="760" width="100%" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#ffffff"></embed> </object>