Heavy Pre-monsoon Rain, Thunderstorm Leave One Dead, Three Injured in Maharashtra
Trees were uprooted at some places in Nashik city due to the stormy winds on Saturday evening and power supply was disrupted in various localities for about five hours, a police said.
Representational image. (Reuters)
Nashik: One person was killed and three others injured as thunderstorm and pre-monsoon rains hit parts of Nashik district in Maharashtra, officials said on Sunday.
Trees were uprooted at some places in Nashik city due to the stormy winds on Saturday evening and power supply was disrupted in various localities for about five hours, a police official said.
"A 70-year-old woman died when the tin roof of her house in Wadala locality here collapsed on Saturday during the rains coupled with a thunderstorm," an official at Indira Nagar police station said.
Three members of her family were also injured in the incident, he said.
Heavy pre-monsoon showers also lashed the district's Yeola town where some houses suffered damages, another police official said.
Onion storage shed in Niphad tehsil and a greenhouse in Manmad area were also destroyed following the heavy downpour, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport