'Waterlogged Streets, Traffic Jams': Mayhem After Rain Lashes Delhi
Waterlogging has been reported from various parts of the city, while as a road in Ghaziabad’s Vasundhara caved in. Three buildings in Greater Noida reportedly collapsed due to the rains, though no causality has been reported.
New Delhi: Heavy rains lashed Delhi on Thursday morning, throwing normal life out of gear. Morning showers, which started at around 7 am, led to traffic jams during the rush hour in parts of Delhi and Noida.
Waterlogging has been reported from various parts of the city, while a road in Ghaziabad’s Vasundhara caved in. Three buildings in Greater Noida reportedly collapsed due to the rains, though no casualty has been reported.
There were also reports of traffic snarls on NH-24 due to waterlogging, while office-goers were stranded on the main Ghazipur turn.
On Wednesday morning, Delhi received heavy downpour followed by a humid day, despite the temperature plunging two notches below normal at 32.2 degrees Celsius. Intermittent rains occurred throughout the day on Wednesday, while humidity oscillated between reached 88 and 56 per cent.
The Met office has forecast overcast skies, along with the possibility of few spells of light to moderate rains, for the day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Promises 'Mad Manoranjan' with Bigg Boss 13 Promo, Announces Launch Date
- Sara Ali Khan Gets Papped Outside Rumoured Boyfriend Kartik Aaryan's House
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5