- Municipal Corporations 1/10
- TRS 1
- INC 0
- BJP 0
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 70/120
- TRS 58
- INC 6
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 1
- OTH 2
Here's an Interactive Map on a Fortnight of Communal Riots in India
Bihar recorded 85 incidents of communal violence in the last six months, while 2017 saw 58 such incidents in West Bengal. In Rajasthan, 91 incidents of riots were recorded in 2017.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Over the last fortnight, communal riots have spread to Bihar, Rajasthan and West Bengal. All three states, in the last one year, have been at the center of communal flare-ups.
A spate of incidences during the last six months across Bihar shows a trend of rising communal violence. In 2017, there were 85 such incidents in the state in which three people were killed and 321 injured.
Communal violence has also sharply increased over the past three years in West Bengal. The state recorded almost 58 incidents of communal violence in 2017, in which nine people were killed and 230 injured.
In Rajasthan, 91 incidents of riots were recorded in 2017, in which 12 were killed and 175 injured.
As life limps back to normalcy in these states, News18 looks at how communal flare-ups spread in these states in the last two weeks.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sejal Sharma of TV Show Dil Toh happy Hai Ji Commits Suicide: Report
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Over 24,000 Undelivered Letters Found Stashed at Former Postman's House in Japan
- PUBG Mobile: Season 12 Leaks Confirm 2nd Anniversary Royale Pass Theme
- Coronavirus Death Toll Spikes: This Realtime Map Tracks Spread of Virus Around The World