Here's an Interactive Map on a Fortnight of Communal Riots in India
Bihar recorded 85 incidents of communal violence in the last six months, while 2017 saw 58 such incidents in West Bengal. In Rajasthan, 91 incidents of riots were recorded in 2017.
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Over the last fortnight, communal riots have spread to Bihar, Rajasthan and West Bengal. All three states, in the last one year, have been at the center of communal flare-ups.
A spate of incidences during the last six months across Bihar shows a trend of rising communal violence. In 2017, there were 85 such incidents in the state in which three people were killed and 321 injured.
Communal violence has also sharply increased over the past three years in West Bengal. The state recorded almost 58 incidents of communal violence in 2017, in which nine people were killed and 230 injured.
In Rajasthan, 91 incidents of riots were recorded in 2017, in which 12 were killed and 175 injured.
As life limps back to normalcy in these states, News18 looks at how communal flare-ups spread in these states in the last two weeks.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mahesh Babu Pens Down Most Adorable Daughters' Day Note for His 'Lil One Sita Papa'
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough