High Points of the Second Cabinet Meeting of UP CM Yogi Adityanath
Several important decisions were taken in the second cabinet by the BJP-led Uttar Pradesh government which was chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lok Bhawan on Tuesday in Lucknow.
File photo of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. (PTI Photo)
Lucknow: Several important decisions were taken in the second cabinet meeting by the BJP-led Uttar Pradesh government which was chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lok Bhawan on Tuesday in Lucknow.
Speaking to media, state Power Minister Shrikant Sharma said, “As per the new decision, the electricity department would have to replace non-working transformers within 48 hours, instead of the previous deadline of 72 hours. In urban areas, transformers would be replaced in 24 hours.”
Farmers of Uttar Pradesh who owe electricity bills over Rs 10,000 to the electricity department, the Yogi Cabinet has allowed them to do so in four installments.
The government would also waive-off surcharge of electricity dues. To provide electricity to all residents of the state, the UP government sign a deal with the Centre on April 14.
Another major decision was to buy the potato produce of farmers at the rate of Rs 487 per quintal. The potato procurement would start immediately via four different agencies. The government will buy one lakh metric tonnes of potato from the farmers.
Taking cognizance of sugarcane farmers’ woes the government has directed sugar mill owners to pay the farmers’ dues within 120 days. Also the current dues have to be paid within 14 days else strict action will be taken against the mill owners.
Key decisions of the Yogi government:
1) The sugarcane farmers will get their pending dues within 120 days while the present dues will be handed over to them within 14 days.
2) The government has decided to purchase 1 lakh metric ton potatoes from UP farmers at a support price of 487 Rs per quintal.
3) The drinking water scheme for Bundelkhand has also been approved.
4) Faulty transformers will be replaced within 24 hours in the urban while in 48 hours in the rural areas.
5) All power ministry employees have been directed to reach out to the farmers of their districts and get to know the problems and difficulties the latter have been facing.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Echo Input Review: Proof That The Simplest Things Can Make The Maximum Impact
- Mamma, Give Me a Break, Says Priyanka Chopra When Madhu Chopra Asked Her About Pregnancy Rumours
- Avengers Endgame: Spider-Man Star Tom Holland Almost Confirmed Quantum Realm Theory with This Major Spoiler
- Nagarkirtan Movie Review: Kaushik Ganguly Film is a Crushing Blow to Every Concept of Conventional Love
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Compact SUV Clocks Record 4 Lakh Sales in 3 Years
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s