Himachal Govt Announces 5 Percent DA for Employees and Pensioners
Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur made this announcement while addressing the 50th Statehood Day function in Bilaspur district. This move will cost the state government over Rs 250 crore.
File photo of Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur.
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur Saturday announced 5 per cent dearness allowance (DA) for the state government employees and pensioners, with effect from July 1, 2019.
Thakur made this announcement while addressing the 50th Statehood Day function in Bilaspur district. This move will cost the state government over Rs 250 crore.
The CM also announced opening of PWD Division at Jhandutta. He also announced Rs 3 crore for additional building of Saheed Ashwini Kumar Memorial Senior Secondary School Jhandutta.
Thakur said that the Golden jubilee year of the statehood would be celebrated by organising 51 programmes throughout the year in different parts of the state to trace the developmental journey of the state. He urged the people to be part of this celebration.
He hoisted the national flag and attended the march past by contingents of police, home-guards, NCC cadets, NSS cadets, scouts and guides and school children.
Assistant Superintendent of Police Ashok Rattan led the Parade.
The chief minister also unveiled the Golden Jubilee Plaque on the occasion to mark the 50thStatehood Day.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- ICYMI Tech Wrap of The Week: Free Apple Apps, Botched Windows Update, Abbot’s COVID Test And More
- Akshay Kumar Drives Twinkle Khanna to Hospital Through Deserted Roads, Watch Video
- Kanika Kapoor Tests Coronavirus Positive for Fourth Time, Leaves Family Concerned
- Everyone is Streaming More Than Ever, But it is Not Breaking The Internet: Why The Panic?
- Top 5 Free Racing Games You Can Play at Home to Beat the Coronavirus Lockdown