Himachal Govt Committed to Rehabilitation of Pong Dam Oustees, Says CM Jai Ram Thakur
Himachal CM Jai Ram Thakur told a delegation of Pong Dam oustees led by former revenue minister Rajan Sushant here that he personally took up their issue with the chief minister of Rajasthan.
File photo of Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur.
Dharamshala: The Himachal Pradesh government is committed to ensuring that the Pong Dam oustees are rehabilitated properly so that this long-term issue is settled forever, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said on Tuesday.
Thakur told a delegation of Pong Dam oustees led by former revenue minister Rajan Sushant here that he personally took up their issue with the chief minister of Rajasthan.
"I urged Rajasthan CM to ensure that the Pong Dam Oustees from Himachal must be properly rehabilitated as they have provided their fertile land to construct Pong Dam, which have ensured prosperity in Rajasthan,'' he said.
Thakur said he had also taken up the issue Northern Zonal Council (NZC) meeting, chaired by Union Home Minister Amit Shah, held in Chandigarh in September this year.
Sushant urged the chief minister for early redressal of the grievances of the oustees.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shibani Dandekar Shares Loved up Pic with Farhan Akhtar to Mark 2 Years of Dating
- US Law Aimed to Curb Spread of Child Porn May Kill Encryption on Apps Like WhatsApp
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- Old Video of Lion Playing in the Grass After Being Rescued from Circus is Breaking the Internet
- Coronavirus Impact: Samsung Factory in Korea Shut Down After Employee Tests Positive