Himachal Pradesh Govt Supports CAA, Abrogation of Article 370, Says Guv Bandaru Dattatreya
The governor also said that his government welcomes the decision of the Supreme Court which paved way for construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya.
File photo of Himachal Pradesh Governor Bandaru Dattatreya (Image : PTI).
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government supports the Citizenship Amendment Act and the abrogation of provisions of Article 370, Governor Bandaru Dattatreya said on Tuesday.
In his address in the state assembly on the first day of budget session, he said,"My government supports CAA, providing Indian citizenship to persecuted minorities of Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
"It also supports abrogation of Article 370 for ensuring implementation of one Constitution in the entire country."
This could be possible only due to strong leadership at the Centre, he added.
My government also welcomes the decision of the Supreme Court which paved way for construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya, he added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus
- I Have Been Making 'Dalgona Coffee' Since Childhood: Note from Not-a-Millennial to Instagram Influencers
- SAI Hands Over JLN Stadium to Delhi Government for Use as Quarantine Facility Amid Coronavirus
- Van Gogh Painting Allegedly Stolen in Midnight Heist from Dutch Museum amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus: What Are Ventilators And Why Are They Critical For Some Patients?