Himachal Pradesh Panchayat Election Results 2021: Counting of votes for panchayat samitis and zilla parishads elections in Himachal Pradesh is underway. The state election commissioner has ordered repolling for panchayat samiti and zila parishad members in three wards in Theog block of Himachal Pradesh’s Shimla district after it came to light that polling officials had written the names of voters on the ballot papers issued in these wards. Disclosing the identity of the voters during counting is prohibited under the Himachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Act. The election commissioner has ordered a repoll in the three wards in Balag, Sainj and Jais gram panchayats.
The repolling will be held on Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm. Repolling will be held for panchayat samiti and zila parishad members and not for electing office-bearers of the panchayats as the results of the latter have already been declared, the commissioner said. The counting will be done after voting on Saturday itself.
The state election commission said the three-phase panchayat elections held this week saw a voter turnout of 80.40 per cent with 39.19 lakh people turning up to cast their votes. The women outnumbered men in voting as the turnout was 82.10 per cent among women against 78.70 per cent among men, the commission said. A total of 260 coronavirus patients and persons under isolation also participated in the voting by following standard operating procedures.
Counting in Panchayati Raj elections in Himachal Pradesh continues. Election results declared for 12 out of 26 wards of Rait development block.
- Ashwani Kumar won from Ward 1 Haar Boh with 490 votes
- Sumna Devi emerged victorious with 1,209 votes from Ward 2
- Manoj Kumar won from Ward 3 Kutharna with 575 votes.
- Romita Devi won from Ward 4 Kareri with 950 votes.
- Vijay Kumar from Ward 5 Sarah won with 1,038 votes
- Anjana Kumari of Ward 6 Dhugiyari won with 899 votes.
- Kushala Devi won from Ward 7 Bhariada with 606 votes.
- Surindra Kumar emerged victorious from Ward 8 Ambadi with 531 votes.
- Ranjit Singh from Ward 9 won by 669 votes.
- Anuradha won with 1,237 votes from Ward 10 Tatwani-Machhiyal
- Ganesh Kumar won from Ward 11 Basanur by 962 votes.
- Moni Bala Dhiman won from Ward 12 Tharu-Duragela with 1146 votes.
Power Minister's Daughter Vandana Guleria Wins from Greyoh Ward | Vandana Guleria, daughter of Water and Power Minister Mahendra Singh Thakur, wins from Greyoh ward in Mandi as she defeats CPI(M)'s Bhupendra Singh defeated by district council's Greyoh ward bu 724. In the last elections, Singh had defeated Guleria. After today's win, she expresses her gratitude towards the voters of Greyoh Ward. Father Mahendra Singh Thakur congratulates the daughter on her victory.
Results of the Panchayat Samiti ward members of Chamba block so far:
- Yashpal won from Chaklu with 1,404 votes.
- Trilok Singh won from Dulahar with 1,252 votes.
- Anju Devi won from Dradda by 838 votes.
- Archana Kumari won from Bhanota with 1,175 votes.
- Chakawati won from Pukhri with 1,248 votes.
- Gurdev Singh won from Haripur with 2,128 votes.
- Anoop Kumar won from Prahnavi by taking 845 votes.
- Guddi Devi won from Mashrud with 792 votes.
- Reenu won from Sidhkund with 1,953 votes.
- Guddo Devi won from Kohli with 556 votes.
- Ranjana Devi won from Sarol with 1,066 votes.
- Sapna won from Plughi by taking 1,548 votes.
- Jyoti won from Sahu with 1,323 votes.
- Uttam Chand won from Chambi with 1,159 votes.
- Uttam Singh won with 794 votes from Protha.
- Tilak Raj won from Udaipur with 708 votes.
- Ramesh Kumar won from Singi with 966 votes.
Naggar Block Panchayat Results Declared | Block committee election results of panchayats in Naggar block of Kullu district declared. Nisha Devi wins the BDC elections from Sarsai ward of Naggar block. She has defeated Sarla Devi by 221 votes as she bagged 1,549 votes against 1,328 of her opponent. A total of 2,941 votes were polled.
Counting of votes for panchayat samitis and zila parishads elections is underway in in Himachal Pradesh.
As many as 3,586 out of 3,615 panchayats in the state went to polls, with 69,408 candidates contesting for the posts of panchayat ward members, village heads and deputy heads. For the 81 panchayat samitis in the state, 6,725 people contested across 1,644 wards and for the 12 zila parishads, 1,125 candidates contested in 239 wards.
In most of the panchayats, counting has been done and the results declared, while the process was underway for panchayat samitis and zila parishads on Friday. The entire election process is scheduled to get completed by Saturday, according to election officials.
Elections to panchayati raj institutions in Himachal are not held on party symbols.