Himachal to Implement 10% EWS Quota, Cut Power Tariff for Irrigation, Says CM Thakur
The state government will also provide 50 per cent subsidy to farmers for installing solar fencing to save their crops from monkeys.
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi with Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jairam Thakur, BJP president Amit Shah and Governor of Himachal Pardesh Acharya Devvrat (Image: PTI)
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government will implement the 10 per cent quota for economically weaker sections of the general category, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said while presenting the budget for FY 2019-20.
He also announced that people who had been arrested under the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA) will receive an annual payment of Rs 11,000 as Varshik Loktantra Prahari Samman.
Thakur also said power tariff for irrigation will be reduced to 50 paise per unit from 75 paise.
Besides, the state government will provide 50 per cent subsidy to farmers for installing solar fencing to save their crops from monkeys.
Two light and sound shows will be started in Shimla to attract more tourists, the chief minister said. The state will also open 15 new Atal Adarsh Schools, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Sehwag Wins Praises for Training Kids of 'Pulwama Shaheeds' at His School
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Only 4 Teams Turn Up as Goa Football Association Conducts Players Draft for Indian Women's League Qualifiers
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works