Hirakhand Express Accident: Over 100 NDRF Personnel Engaged in Rescue Operation
Nearly 100 personnel of the National Disaster Response Force have reached the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailment site in Andhra Pradesh to assist in rescue and relief operations.
Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailed in Andhra Pradesh/TV grab
New Delhi: 100 personnel of the National Disaster Response Force have reached the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailment site in Andhra Pradesh to assist in rescue and relief operations.
Official sources said NDRF personnel will help railway authorities and the local administration in the rescue and relief operations.
"NDRD team has already reached the spot to carry out rescue and relief operations," Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said.
Singh said the train accident in Andhra Pradesh is extremely distressing.
"Deeply pained over the loss of precious lives. My condolences to the bereaved families," he said
At least 32 people lost their lives in the derailment at Andhra Pradesh's Vizianagaram district on Saturday last night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Lopez Feels 'Relaxed and Recharged' as She Shows Off Her Incredible Bikini Body
- Watch: Chunks of Ice Dropped into Deep Holes Sound Like Laser Guns, Twitter Can't Get Enough
- Did a Chinese Novel Predict Coronavirus 40 Years Ago? 'Wuhan-400' Leaves Twitter Baffled
- Rangoli Chandel Lashes Out at Alia, Ananya, Karan Post Kangana Ranaut's Snub at Filmfare
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500