Hirakhand Express Accident: Over 100 NDRF Personnel Engaged in Rescue Operation
Nearly 100 personnel of the National Disaster Response Force have reached the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailment site in Andhra Pradesh to assist in rescue and relief operations.
Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailed in Andhra Pradesh/TV grab
New Delhi: 100 personnel of the National Disaster Response Force have reached the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Express derailment site in Andhra Pradesh to assist in rescue and relief operations.
Official sources said NDRF personnel will help railway authorities and the local administration in the rescue and relief operations.
"NDRD team has already reached the spot to carry out rescue and relief operations," Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said.
Singh said the train accident in Andhra Pradesh is extremely distressing.
"Deeply pained over the loss of precious lives. My condolences to the bereaved families," he said
At least 32 people lost their lives in the derailment at Andhra Pradesh's Vizianagaram district on Saturday last night.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal