HIV-Positive Pregnant Woman Denied Admission, Delivers Stillborn in UP
A HIV-positive pregnant woman was denied treatment and delivered a stillborn at Badaun district hospital in Uttar Pradesh.
Lucknow: In a shocking incident, a HIV-positive pregnant woman - traveled nearly 50km to Bareilly with her husband - was denied treatment and delivered a stillborn at Badaun district hospital in Uttar Pradesh.
Doctors said the infant could have been saved had the mother received immediate medical attention.
A probe has been ordered into the incident.
Her husband alleged that in Badaun the doctors refused to admit his wife because she has AIDS.
"They refused to help my wife and asked me to take her to some other hospital in Bareilly. I begged them to save my child but they misbehaved. With no other options, I rushed her to Bareilly at midnight and the operation was finally conducted. Unfortunately, the baby was dead," he alleged.
The incident took place after a 12-year-old boy died due to alleged medical negligence on August 30, 2016. His father ran from pillar to post in search of medical attention but he died at Kanpur Medical College.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor's Badtameez Dil Gets Sara Ali Khan Grooving, Watch Video
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- Karnataka Women's League: Kickstart FC Beat Parikrma FC to Strengthen Hold on Top Spot
- 'Wish Indians Were Baggage!': Twitter Hails 'Polite' Luggage That Wait for Others to Pass
- Thief Calls Houseowner 'Kanjoos' in a Note after He Returns Empty-Handed