Hizbul Mujahideen Militant Killed in Encounter in J&K's Shopian
The security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Batpore-Narwani area of Imam Sahib in Shopian district of south Kashmir, on Friday morning.
Representative Image. (Photo: REUTERS)
Srinagar: A Hizbul Mujahideen (HM) militant was killed on Friday in an encounter with security forces in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
Acting on specific information about the presence of terrorists in Batpore-Narwani area of Imam Sahib in Shopian district of south Kashmir, security forces launched a cordon and search operation on Friday morning, a police official said.
As the forces were conducting searches of the area, the terrorists fired upon them, he said.
The forces retaliated, ensuing in an encounter in which one terrorist was killed, the official said, adding the body was recovered along with arms and ammunition.
He said the slain militant has been identified as Sameer Seh of Shopian, who was affiliated with the proscribed outfit HM.
Seh was involved in several cases related to civilian killings and attacks on security establishments.
Recommended For You
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81
- Payal Rohatgi Files Complaint Against Ajaz Khan Over Derogatory Video
- I Hope I Can Get Gold: PV Sindhu Doesn't Want to Miss Opportunity After Reaching 1st Final of 2019
- 'Virat Kohli' is a TikTok Star and No We aren't Talking About Team India Captain
- Tiger Shroff, Disha Patani Step Out for Dinner Date Amid Breakup Rumours, See Pics