'Hizbul Mujahideen Terrorists involved in Killing of Sarpanch, Officer in J&K's Anantnag': DGP
Sarpanch Syed Rafiq Ahmed and Jammu and Kashmir government employee Sheikh Zahoor were killed by militants at Hakura-Badasgam village of Anantnag, where the 'back-to-village' programme was being held.
Jammu: Terrorists involved in the killing of a sarpanch and an officer in Anantnag district of south Kashmir belong to pro-Pakistan outfit Hizbul-ul-Mujahideen and they have been identified, Director General of Police Dilbag Singh said on Thursday.
Sarpanch Syed Rafiq Ahmed and Jammu and Kashmir government employee Sheikh Zahoor were killed by militants at Hakura-Badasgam village of Anantnag, where the 'back-to-village' programme was being held, on Tuesday.
"The terrorists involved in the killing of sarpanch Syed Rafiq and employee Sheikh Zahoor at Hakura-Badasgam have been identified as Junaid and Zubair of Hizbul-ul-Mujahideen," Singh said. The DGP said this while chairing a security review meeting at Srinagar in which he took stock of the security situation in the Kashmir Zone.
He ensured that the terrorists will be brought to justice.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Google Top Trends 2019: Cricket World Cup Most Searched News Event in India
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders