Honour Killing: UP Man Held for Killing Sister, Setting Her Severed Head on Fire
Jamshed was arrested on Monday by a team that was probing the recovery of the 18-year-old's dead body whose head was missing.
A Network18 creative by Mir Suhail.
Bahraich (UP): A man allegedly strangled his sister to death, beheaded her and set the teenager's head on fire nearly three months ago in a case of honour killing in Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district, police said on Tuesday.
Jamshed was arrested on Monday by a team that was probing the recovery of the 18-year-old's dead body whose head was missing. The body was found at an under-construction house at Babaganj in Nanpara area in June, an officer said.
During interrogation, Jamshed confessed to killing his sister, Ruby, after she did not break her relation with Hashim, who was married, Superintendent of Police Gaurav Grover said. The accused warned his sister several times as he did not like her mingling to Hashim, but she did not pay heed, Grover said.
When Ruby was sleeping on June 18, Jamshed strangled her to death, beheaded her and disposed the body at the under-construction house. He set the severed head on fire after pouring petrol and threw it in a canal at Nanpara, the officer said.
A knife and clothes of Ruby have also been recovered based on the information of the accused, the SP added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year