Hours Before Tying the Knot, Telangana Bridegroom Hangs Self in Marriage Hall
The marriage was scheduled at around 11.30 am and guests, who reached the venue, were shocked to hear the news of the death.
Hyderabad: Hours before beginning a new life through wedlock, a 24-year-old man allegedly committed suicide at Kompally in Medchal district in the wee hours of Sunday, police said.
The reason for the extreme step is not known, they said.
N Sai Sandeep, a private company employee, hanged himself from a ceiling fan with a towel in a room at the marriage hall, a police inspector said.
Some relatives called Sandeep over his phone but there was no response, so they broke into the room and found him hanging, the police said.
His marriage was scheduled at around 11.30 am and guests, who reached the venue, were shocked to hear the news of the death, they said.
Investigations were on to find out the reason behind the extreme step. A case has been registered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Users, These Are The Best Prepaid Recharge Plans Under Rs 200
- Parth Samthaan Denies Dating Erica Fernandes, Says 'Not Aware of These Rumours'
- MTV India Launches Petition for Biryani Emoticon, Desi Foodies Think it's About Time
- Mubi Wants You to Watch Critically Acclaimed Cinema at Rs 199 For Three Months
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet