'Howdy Economy Doin'?': Rahul Gandhi Takes Dig at PM Modi Ahead of Grand Event in Texas
The Congress has been attacking the Modi government over the slowdown in the economy and has criticised it for its economic policies.
File photo of Rahul Gandhi. (PTI)
New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the state of the economy, saying it seems that it is not too good.
Gandhi took to Twitter ahead of Modi's visit to the United States where he will address Indian-Americans at a function in Houston, Texas.
"'Howdy' economy doin', Mr Modi? Ain't too good it seems," Gandhi said on Twitter, using the hashtag "HowdyEconomy".
Modi is set to address over 50,000 Indian-Americans at the 'Howdy Modi' event in Houston on September 22. US President Donald Trump will jointly address the rally with him in what is being seen as a major show of strength by the two leaders.
The Congress has attacked the Modi government over the slowdown in the economy and has criticised it for its economic policies.
Earlier in the day, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra also took a dig at Modi over the slowdown in the country, saying foreign events would not help get investors to salvage the economy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Trolled for Grammy Dress, Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Defends Her
- Rishi Kapoor Shares 'Priceless' Childhood Picture of Lata Mangeshkar Holding Him in Her Arms
- Shaheer Sheikh Throws Fun Gala for Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke Cast
- AI That Studied Photos Say Women May Look Up to 3 Years Younger With Nose Surgery
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet