HRD Ministry Officials Meet DU VC over Recruitment, Ask Agitating Teachers to Call off Strike
DU teachers are on a strike since December 4 demanding that all ad-hoc teachers be absorbed permanently and their tenure as ad-hoc teachers be counted as part of their total service.
File photo of Delhi University.
New Delhi: HRD Ministry officials on Wednesday met Delhi University Vice Chancellor Yogesh Tyagi over the issue of recruitment at the varsity and also appealed to agitating teachers to call off their strike.
DU teachers are on strike since December 4 demanding that all ad-hoc teachers be absorbed permanently and their tenure as ad-hoc teachers be counted as part of their total service.
"HRD Higher Education Secretary Amit Khare met Tyagi and other officials from the university. The stake holders concerned are hereby appealed to withdraw their agitation and work for the smooth functioning of the institutions or colleges in the interest of the students," a senior ministry official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- IndiGo is the Only Indian Company to be Ranked Among the Safest Low-Cost Airlines Globally
- Noida Woman Loses Wallet on Metro, Hackers Steal Over Rs 1.5 Lakh Without OTP or PIN
- Ayushmann Khurrana's Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan Trailer Smashes Homophobia, One Funny Dialogue at a Time
- Alia Bhatt Hurts Her Back, Informs Fans by Sharing Pic on Instagram
- Brad Pitt's Joke On Quentin Tarantino's Foot Fetish and Tinder Profile is Basically All of Us